Ryan Scott will be in Beverly Hills, Florida 5/9/15

fex02

Re: Ryan Scott will be in Beverly Hills, Florida 5/9/15
« Reply #20 on: 7 May 2015, 09:22 pm »
My Joule white's are florida bound!I think Mr. Ryan did a great job on the colors.camphor flame wood with accents of his choosing !They are stunning.It feels like having a baby being born !

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #21 on: 7 May 2015, 09:30 pm »
All I can say is WOW!

Ryan did an outstanding job with your speakers. I too look at speakers as children...I just sold my first real set of audiophile speakers to a forum member and it felt like my first born was leaving the house...

Congrats man! Look forward to what you guys got going on this weekend.

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #22 on: 7 May 2015, 10:39 pm »
WOW! Thanks for posting these pictures, your new speakers look fantastic!

fex02

« Reply #23 on: 7 May 2015, 11:10 pm »
THE WAIT WAS PAINFUL.However, i consider there creation part art and part science.You can't rush an artist.I have a painting that took forever. I invested $600.Current wholesale appraisal is $6500.I am not implying the money part to the speakers - but - the talent of a person is measured by their fruits.These two are rare . Pete and Ryan are lucky to have found this niche in life. I am happy to be a part of the Vapor movement !

Phil A

« Reply #24 on: 7 May 2015, 11:53 pm »
THE WAIT WAS PAINFUL.However, i consider there creation part art and part science.You can't rush an artist.I have a painting that took forever. I invested $600.Current wholesale appraisal is $6500.I am not implying the money part to the speakers - but - the talent of a person is measured by their fruits.These two are rare . Pete and Ryan are lucky to have found this niche in life. I am happy to be a part of the Vapor movement !

Francis - speakers look fabulous  (any artwork I'd do would only be for hanging on the fridge with a magnet).

spreadspectrum

« Reply #25 on: 8 May 2015, 12:08 am »
Incredible looking speaks!  As they should sound as good (or better) than they look, you should.be in for quite a feast for the senses. I am quite envious...another week or two for me.

Couldn't agree more on your comments on Ryan and Pete. 

Have fun!

toddc2

« Reply #26 on: 8 May 2015, 01:41 am »
Pete posted not too long ago about the smell of sanding camphor, I am wondering if he was referring to these beauties?

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #27 on: 8 May 2015, 01:59 am »
Pete posted not too long ago about the smell of sanding camphor, I am wondering if he was referring to these beauties?

Indeed I was. 

The pictures don't even begin to do justice to how they look in person.  The colors are rich and the figuring is wonderful.  The paint looks like root beer and when the light is just right, the metal flake looks like copper.  Among the prettiest speakers we've ever done.  Ryan's starting to get good at these finishes.

maxboy00

« Reply #28 on: 8 May 2015, 10:49 am »
Those speakers are just stunning and breathtaking. Pretty sure the sound of them are every bit equal to the fine craftsmanship of the build!

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #29 on: 10 May 2015, 03:09 am »
Hey guys, tell us what's been going on.  How about some pictures of the new speakers in their new home and of the gang auditioning them?

Phil A

« Reply #30 on: 10 May 2015, 03:25 am »
Hey guys, tell us what's been going on.  How about some pictures of the new speakers in their new home and of the gang auditioning them?

You missed a heck of a party

Was this you trying to peek in the window?

Phil A

« Reply #31 on: 10 May 2015, 03:27 am »

If you want my picture just go to the Post Office.  I have one of the proud owners but I'll let them post it.

fex02

« Reply #32 on: 10 May 2015, 09:02 am »
Yesterday was one of the best days in my life ! Phil, Philip , Ryan, and wives made for a audio banquet of delite.
Ryan set up a multitude of things- antipodes server(which had some set up nitemares),joule's , listening position ,room consultation and correction,varristarr cable comparison's(which i am ordering), and allot of laughs.Phil A provided an incredible selection of audiophile quality music-rich in intensity ,complex challenges for  the system , and corrective feedback in a/b comparisons.Philip R brought his years of engineering background -we traced and fixed the house wiring from the service entrance to the 20 amp box.Checked my home theater electronics for correct transformer wiring.(he has to fix the outlaw and emotiva.) A local genius in the sun coast audiophile club.
The house has went from the audio dark ages to 2015.
At 62, you don't get days like this.I am extremely grateful for a slice of the audiophile life !I went to st louis to buy speakers and rekindled a long lost passion i abandoned years ago.What a lucky man i am. Tis is how my bride and i smiled yesterday!

toddc2

« Reply #33 on: 10 May 2015, 11:44 am »
Great post! I hope you keep us up to date as your system breaks in.

Just curious, which Verastarr cables did you order?

Todd

mav52

« Reply #34 on: 10 May 2015, 12:27 pm »
Congrats and enjoy.   Hope to get over there later on to see your new addition.

Eugene2

« Reply #35 on: 10 May 2015, 05:32 pm »
Congrats, I'm sincerely jealous the finish on your speakers is amazing, they look flawless!  I'm at my home in Orlando, makes me miss my system (at my Atlanta apartment).  Verastarr is a great match for the Joule's I use Grand Illusion bi wire on the speakers and Grand Illusion signature on every thing else including my PC's.  The silver stuff is amazing...  Also he has a new USB cable that is outstanding.  I use it from my Antipodes DX to my PS Audio DSD.  After those babies break in you're gonna be in audio bliss. :thumb:

bajaed

« Reply #36 on: 10 May 2015, 10:16 pm »
Another incredible looking pair of Vapor speakers(the amazing sound goes without saying). My problem when I do move up the Vapor line will be deciding on a finish. There are at least 6-8 finishes that Ryan has done that I would have a seriously hard time choosing between.

When you give him free reign to come up with some thing new he knocks it out of the park so that may be the way to go!

fex02

« Reply #37 on: 11 May 2015, 12:16 am »
two more professional pic's

Gopher

« Reply #38 on: 11 May 2015, 01:32 am »
Absolutely gorgeous stuff.  I've seen about 6 recent Vapor finishes now and they absolutely kill it every time.

I'm totally pumped to get my Auroras in house...   Congrats on those Joules, they're sick!

GentleBender

« Reply #39 on: 11 May 2015, 12:09 pm »
Looks like you had a great time! You guys are blessed with a beautiful home and a great view outside. Those speakers look great and once totally broken in, will sound even better. Keep us in the loop as they break in and open up to expose the real potential. Thanks for sharing your joy. :D