Kismets arrived (pics)

Lkdog

Kismets arrived (pics)
« on: 9 Sep 2020, 09:56 pm »
Finally got my Mono Extremes from 2007 upgraded which had the caps go bad.
Got the newest version of the Kismets. Basically Klaus said this is what he has.
I am not sure exactly what I am looking at in these pics. I am sure someone can tell me.
Will warm them up and give them a workout tonight.

GM1055

Re: Kismets arrived (pics)
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2020, 07:09 pm »
You will be blown away once you break them in! I have 2 sets of mono block kismits, with the latest and greatest caps and power supplys...….

Lkdog

« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2020, 10:08 pm »
They are pretty woolly right now. Very bass heavy and kind of muffled unless I turn them up fairly loud.
I do sense the immense power and control.
Running music through them 24/7 for a few days.  :popcorn:

artur9

« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2020, 01:51 am »
That will go away but it takes some time, according to Klaus.  I love my upgraded Odyssey amps.  Speed and clarity and punch.

Lkdog

« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2020, 05:27 pm »
Day 3.

They are starting to open up.
Great instrument separation. Big soundstage.
An in the studio live feel.
Can here the reverb of the recording and room.
Very nice.  :thumb:

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2020, 01:32 pm »
I’ve had my Kismets for about a month and a half. They’ve been through some pretty wild gyrations, just as Klaus said they would. But wow do they sound good after running them constantly for weeks on end. Your patience will be rewarded!

Longandstraight

« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2020, 09:42 pm »
Just got a pair of these back myself. They are fantastic once they are broken in. I have Synergistic black fuses in the rails and an Orange in the IEC. Also upgraded to WBT top of the line speaker and rca’s ,fills up a 27x17x10  room with no problem.
Transparency and beautiful textures.  I am pretty happy 😃

Lkdog

« Reply #7 on: 16 Sep 2020, 08:43 pm »
Day 7.

Some differences each day for sure. Overall sound stunning.
Vocals are the weak link right now. Grainy.
Bass is ridiculous.

For reference- my system has an OPPO 105 SACD/VAC Preamp/ and ACI Jaguar Monitors and pair of ACI LFM subwoofers.
Here is pic of setup.

GeneS

« Reply #8 on: 16 Sep 2020, 10:46 pm »
That’s awesome, man! I’m not familiar with the ACI Jags, but I also have an OPPO 105D, although it doesn’t get much use.
At first look, I thought those ACI’s were Wilsons! Those amps, though, are clearly Odyssey!

GM1055

« Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2020, 01:11 am »
Wheres My chocolate!!! Klaus!!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #10 on: 19 Sep 2020, 10:18 pm »
GM:

What ???  You didn't get your chocolate with the manual ????

Lkdog

« Reply #11 on: 20 Sep 2020, 03:59 pm »
Update after about 10 days of playing a signal through the amps. Don't know how much more they will break in.

Sound has smoothed out across spectrum without the bass boom.
I also moved speakers out into the room more which helped a lot and playing with toe in.

Very open, detailed, clean, and wide sound stage.

Going to add some more room treatment behind the speakers and get furniture eventually. LOL.

Sounds really very good.

GM1055

« Reply #12 on: 21 Sep 2020, 12:12 am »
I have only gotten chocolate once,7 years ago my first Candela. Since then I have bought another candela, 2 sets of Stratos mono blocks kismit exstreme, 1 kismit amp,another set of monos Kartago kismit amps and several Symphonic Line cd players. and a RG3 MK5 Symphonic Line preamp and a pair of Liquids, that are absolutely incredible and a Tempest preamp and tons of cables from you.. That's It!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #13 on: 21 Sep 2020, 06:01 am »
Heheheheheeeeeeeee........

And yup,  for anybody wondering out there,  Gary  (GM)  qualifies for a BIG  chocolate bar......... :lol:

Or at least enjoy some treats on me.......

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #14 on: 21 Sep 2020, 06:27 am »
And Tony,

I'm really happy that they opened up enough for you within days,  but man,  as discussed,  you'll have a few more months to go with these beasts,  and you'll go complete monkeyshit over them then...........

Lkdog

« Reply #15 on: 21 Sep 2020, 07:14 am »
And Tony,

I'm really happy that they opened up enough for you within days,  but man,  as discussed,  you'll have a few more months to go with these beasts,  and you'll go complete monkeyshit over them then...........

They are great. I know it is a cliche but every familiar recording sounds different now with more detail and space.
I was not sure if these amps were going to be the law of diminishing returns as the Mono Extremes were very good, and the Kismets were quite an investment, but they are well worth it.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2020, 05:03 pm by Lkdog »

tubesrule66

« Reply #16 on: 21 Sep 2020, 07:50 pm »
Nice amp

Lkdog

« Reply #17 on: 9 Oct 2020, 03:12 pm »
At one month mark. So probably about 600 hours of a signal and being on.

Have some better bass trapping in front corners now and a couch in the room. LOL.  :green:

Overall, system sounds really very good. Smooth rich wide soundstage and with the better room treatment there is more depth.

Highly recommend these amps. :thumb: