A/V-3's

Irunem

A/V-3's
« on: 13 Dec 2009, 06:29 pm »
Okay, on 11/2 I purchased the A/V-3 kit for the most part because it was recommended as a nice entry level speaker as far as DIY kit's are concerned which suited my limited electronic background nicely.
 I was referred to this site by one of the salesmen at Simply Stereo, here,outside of Chicago. I had expressed an interest in building my own speakers and he recommended the N-2 's at G-R Research stating that Danny provides a very good product.
Thank you Neil, you couldn't have been more correct. I finished these a week ago and all I can say WOW! I've been missing alot. Nice clarity, clean bass, good imaging.
I guess I had gotten used to muddiness and boomy bass.
I have given them a nice workout so far, everything from Tom Wait's "Nighthawks at the Diner" to King Crimson's "Larks Tongue in Aspic" ( who needs more bass)with some  John Coltrane, Van Morrison, The Fall and Allman Brother's etc. in between.
Danny you were right on when you said I was in for a pleasant surprise. Thanks.
I have included a couple of pictures should anyone care to look. I have black quartz bases in the process of being machined. Now that I'm hooked I'll be looking to build something a bit more challenging I think.