soundhd

« on: 14 Jan 2024, 03:23 pm »
Just joined the audio circle forum.  Have been a Bryston system owner (pre-amp. crossover & amps) since 1999 (will post system info & photo in the gallery section).  Am an older person (75), guess I have been an audiophile since around 1962....always tried to put together the best stereo playback system I could afford and any given time.  Also a musician (drums/percussion) since about the same time (rock, pop, blues & some jazz).  Was in pro audio (rental & mixing concert sound reinforcement (FOH [Front of House] and Foldback [Multi-Mix Stage Monitors]) for about 10 years (73-83) while still playing (when I had the time) and also while working at Michigan Bell/AT&T during all this so was pretty busy to say the least.  (retired in 2001).  Still listen to vinyl (guess I am old school...LOL), CD's and about 3 years ago purchased a Bluesound wireless audio system for the home (currently has about 60,000+ tracks [songs] on it and that to my surprise is working out very nicely (my first attempt into music streaming using FLAC files) very pleased the way the systems sound  (have 6 systems in the home, all use different models of JBL studio monitors (4300 & 4400 series).  Anyway have been very happy with the Bryston gear...would like to upgrade to a newer pre-amp but now that we are both retired money is tight....LOL.

« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2024, 04:53 pm by soundhd »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2024, 04:02 pm »
Welcome Sound HD

james

GrooveControl

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2024, 03:08 am »
Welcome soundhd!  Wow, 6 systems.  I have JBL and Bryston in my collection too.  L20 (like your 4406), L19 (like your 4301) and 4430.  Aren't the 4301 something else?  My L19 are what I listen to most.  Had a few 4Bs in the 80s, but now nothing more powerful than the 3B for me.

Regarding a preamp, don't dismiss a used SP1.7. It's easily the best value out there. I have and use it exclusively in 2 channel analog mode.

Happy listening.     

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2024, 12:38 pm »