Good Class D amplification and Omega speakers are a winning combo

trillo_beat

Hi,

I want to ask if someone has used or is currently  using Wadia 151 powerdac with Omega loudspeakers?  How does that pairing sound like?

Thank you!

seikosha

I've actually got a Wadia powerdac that I've hooked up to my Omegas.  It's okay, but didn't really sound special and bring out the best qualities of the speaker like a good tube amp can.

Magic Robert

Has anyone tried a ClassDAudio (www.classdaudio.com) amp with the Omegas? I have a Studio Mastering Amp that is about to be shifted out of another system and was curious.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Wonder what its the CDA x SDS line difference?

Magic Robert

Documented on web site.  From the FAQ:

What is the difference between CDA and SDS Class D Audio Power amplifiers?
The difference is the SDS Series amplifiers have a balanced XLR input stage (as well as the single ended RCA inputs).  The SDS also has gain control for each channel and also a little better cooling. The sonic difference between the CDA and SDS is very close with the SDS sounding a slightly more open due to the input stage. You would really have to do some side-by-side listening to both to tell the difference.  These are some of the finest sounding audio amplifiers available today.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Thanks, looks nice amps.

TikiGuy

This is not a class D amp but the Magnus Audio MA-200 with the Magnus Audio MP-1000 preamp with the Super XRS is a winning combo.

jMelvin

Hey guys. Obviously there's been some advancement in chip technology over the past couple of years so I thought a thread resurrection was in order.

The Infineon MA12070 chips really caught my eye when they were released and I finally pulled the trigger on an SMSL AO200. This inexpensive integrated has great specs and all the features I was looking for. I'm really pleased with the sound quality paired with my Super 3i's (and DeepHemp 8). Anyone else have any experience with this chip? Or perhaps the TPA3225?