Sold: DB Audio Labs Tranquility SE usb nos dac

jdodmead

Sold: DB Audio Labs Tranquility SE usb nos dac
« on: 7 Jan 2019, 08:10 pm »
Many reviews available on line, I've attached, one of them.  This is a wonderful dac especially if you have a Mac Mini. There is nothing else included with the dac.

xxx plus actual shipping from 55417, approx. 7 lbs.

https://darko.audio/2010/11/dblabs-tranquility-usb-dac-signature-edition/

This unit also has the Gold level mod's

Silver Level Modifications ($395 introductory price) -

- Removal of the entire voltage regulation system.
- Regulation replaced with a specialized much higher current ultra low noise regulator system and six full stages of unique filtration!
- Output stage capacitance and voltages and bias all changed to new settings optimized for the many modifications.
- Stock output capacitors replaced with exotic German capacitor with pure copper leads and interleave internals layout.
- The sonic improvements from the Level 1 modifications  yield a better noise floor, better bass delineation and power structure and further refine all soundstaging and harmonic extraction. All of the music detail and inner harmonic structure are improved throughout. The "jump factor" of dynamic capabilities are much more refined. Noise floor is lowered. With the output stage modifications and the exotic German pure copper capacitors give a very nice sense of liquidity to the sound altogether. Think - more refined sound at all levels.

Gold Level Modifications ($595 intro price) -

- All Silver Level modifications listed above are included (Reg with six stage filtration, output bias re-optimzation and top level German caps).
- Diodes are replaced with a unique diodes new to the electronic industry (proprietary, not being used by any other audio company I know).
- Each junction of noise paths at over a dozen circuit areas have filtration stages added.
- The original DAC chip is replaced with a first generation chipset that was manufactured to the highest die specifications (most NOS chips are "copies" made from unknown generations, these are original "mask" die chips).
- Specialized cryo'd wires are installed to replace the original bent wire leads connecting the RCA jacks.
- Select dampening compound is applied to the power supply filter capacitors and output devices.
- The changes from the Level 2 modifications yield all the Level 1 sonic improvements plus additional harmonic extraction and details top to bottom Musical micro-details are better fleshed out with more precision at every frequency. Extra information deep "within the soundstage layering" are further extracted. In a nutshell, there is a more liquid  and detailed presentation and experience overall. (the NOS DAC chipset replacement extracts more of everything).Think - more sonic refinement, better imaging and music details further realized.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2019, 02:17 pm by jdodmead »

jdodmead

Re: FS: DB Audio Labs Tranquility SE usb nos dac
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2019, 10:03 pm »
bump

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2019, 12:55 pm »
Please explain:

1.)  How Level 1 and Level 2 relate to Silver and Gold level mods;
2.)  When was this purchased and at what price;
3.)  What conditions was it in (smoking, kids, pets);
4.)  What would be the arrangements for shipping;
5.)  Acceptable method of payment;
6.)  Why you are selling, what are you replacing with.

jdodmead

« Reply #3 on: 3 Apr 2019, 08:18 pm »
Sorry for the really late reply, I used to get notifications, but I didn't this time. Level 1 is the silver and level 2 is the gold  I replaced with a tube dac kit. I have a dog, but it is an enclosed unit.

Payment via PayPal
Shipping via USPS
unit is in excellent condition

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your interest

Jeff

jdodmead

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2019, 09:53 pm »
Bump

genjamon

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2019, 04:23 pm »
I just wanted to mention that Jeff is a good guy, and this was my DAC originally that I bought new from dB Audio and then had upgraded to the Gold level in 2013.  Jeff bought it from me back in 2014 I think, which is when I started down the Lampizator path.  I recently heard it again because Jeff was willing to lend back to me. I was comparing to my lampizator Big7 that had some upgrades. The Tranquility was actually more detailed and refined than the Lampi in some ways, to my surprise. I then bought a used Tranquility and had dB Audio give it the full mods and with Jupiter caps this time. It doesn’t hands down best the Lampi, but is definitely better in some ways. The point is that this DAC can compete with some very high quality Dacs. And you can buy with confidence in Jeff, and if you wanted I think dB audio can offer a few more tweaks than were available in 2013.

Ben

Longandstraight

« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2019, 01:15 am »
Still available?

jdodmead

« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2019, 05:15 pm »
Yes,it's still available.

Thanks
Jeff