RMAF2016 Show Coverage Thread

Vinnie R.

RMAF2016 Show Coverage Thread
« on: 11 Oct 2016, 03:58 am »
All,

RMAF 2016 was an excellent show and I want to thank everyone who visited our room!
The room itself was tight on space and not the easiest to deal with, but was able to still make it sing using
a near field / catty corner arrangement. :singing: 

The lighting was not ideal as the pics below will show (too dark), but it will still hopefully give you an idea of the system and room:

- LIO DHT Integrated Amp with dac & phonostage
- Harbeth SHL5plus speakers on matching Resonant Woods stands (with Stillpoints between speakers and stands)
- Acoustic Signature WOW XL turntable / Ortofon Black cartridge

- PURE-DC-4EVER MINI (prototype) ultracapacitor power supply powering both a Sonore MicroRendu & CD Transport.
- Tellurium Q speaker cables

I'll be posting show coverage in this thread as it is made live from the press and show attendees.

Thanks again to everyone who came to the show and enjoyed listening!

Vinnie

jazzmanmusic

Re: RMAF2016 Show Coverage Thread
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2016, 12:54 pm »
I visited Vinnie's room at least three times.  On Sunday Vinnie was kind enough to allow me to play my own demo cd effectively taking over the room for 20 minutes.  I found the LIO/Harbeth combo to be the most natural and beautiful sounding system at the show.  I consider this quite a testament to the capabilities of this system as the room was far less than ideal.  Vinnie put this system through its paces at my request.  It played loudly with finesse.  Dynamics were impressive considering the speaker size.  At one point I requested a Dean Martin selection and Vinnie treated us to the most seductive and organic Dino I have heard in 25 years.  If I was approaching retirement and building my "last" system this would be the one.  If fact, that is exactly what I'm going to do!  Vinnie thanks for a great demo and you will be hearing from me as retirement is not far off. 
Jerry Y.

SteveKi

« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2016, 03:44 pm »
  If I was approaching retirement and building my "last" system this would be the one. 
Jerry Y.

Jerry,
Exactly what I am doing.
Steve

Vinnie R.

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2016, 08:12 pm »
I visited Vinnie's room at least three times.  On Sunday Vinnie was kind enough to allow me to play my own demo cd effectively taking over the room for 20 minutes.  I found the LIO/Harbeth combo to be the most natural and beautiful sounding system at the show.  I consider this quite a testament to the capabilities of this system as the room was far less than ideal.  Vinnie put this system through its paces at my request.  It played loudly with finesse.  Dynamics were impressive considering the speaker size.  At one point I requested a Dean Martin selection and Vinnie treated us to the most seductive and organic Dino I have heard in 25 years.  If I was approaching retirement and building my "last" system this would be the one.  If fact, that is exactly what I'm going to do!  Vinnie thanks for a great demo and you will be hearing from me as retirement is not far off. 
Jerry Y.

Hi Jerry,

Nice to meet you at RMAF!  Thanks for bringing your own music and giving our system a good listen.  I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for posting your feedback here!

-----

Someone just emailed this feedback link to me from over on audioasylum.com:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/72/720118.html

Quote from: slapshot
Better sounding was the the Vinnie Rossi room with the smaller Harbeth speakers; room 7004. It was, to my mind, one of the best sounding rooms of all of them.

Once posts from the press and more attendees surface, I'll add them to this thread. 

Feel free to to post here as well if you were at RMAF and had to opportunity to visit our room for a listen - and many thanks!

Vinnie

TomS

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2016, 08:24 pm »
I had a chance to visit a couple times and the LIO DHT/Harbeth system sounded great, as usual  :thumb:

Vinnie took a different approach right away than most rooms, to fire the speakers at an angle from the back wall to mitigate the new corner HVAC units Marriott added. It seemed to pay off as a lot of other rooms had trouble with this. The Harbeths handled it with no problems.

Great job guys and good to see you again!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2016, 08:41 pm »
Thanks, TomS.  Great seeing you there!

All,

I forgot to mention something very cool that happened at RMAF... The International HiFi Press Awards (RIHPA 2016) Ceremony:

https://www.audiofest.net/awards/

The Rocky Mountain International HiFi Press Awards (RIHPA) are the High-end audio industry’s first world-wide press awards honoring High-end audio manufacturers. The Oscars of the audio industry.

The awards will be an impartial and unbiased declaration of the world’s state-of-the art in 20 specific High-end audio categories.

I was deeply honored to learn that LIO was nominated in the "Integrated Amplifier" category.  8)  :notworthy:

More from the show... soon!

Vinnie

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2016, 04:00 am »
That room shape looks like a bottle of warm sake and a samauri sword were in order.  Maybe they could put down in the basement with the compressors, generators, and laundry machines next time? jeez!

Anyhow I digress.  Wish I was there to check things out but I am definitely coming to Axpona.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2016, 09:19 pm »
Anyhow I digress.  Wish I was there to check things out but I am definitely coming to Axpona.

Cool - I'll definitely be exhibiting at AXPONA.  It has grown to be a highly attended show in the USA!

Back to RMAF 2016 - this was just posted by Michael Lavorgna of Audiostream.com:

http://www.audiostream.com/content/vinnie-rossi-lio-integrated-amplifier-and-more#HSZSQabickIP30xD.97

:thumb:

Vinnie R.

« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2016, 05:12 pm »
More coverage from Jason Victor Serinus of Stereophile:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/rmaf-2016-one-two-three%C2%85go#9Yhh8x0qE6STit6a.97

Quote from:  "Jason Victor Serinus / Stereophle"
I didn't intentionally save one of the best for last, which made discovering how good this room from Vinnie Rossi and Fidelis AV sounded an extra treat. At its center was the combo of an everything and its mother but hold the slaw Vinnie Rossi LIO Integrated with DHT PRE linestage ($10,995 in but one of many of Vinnie's possible choose one from column A and two from column B), along with Vinnie's new VR Mini (Mini Pure-DC-4EVR) power supply ($795 until release date at November's end).

(Thanks to jriggy for messaging me that this coverage was up!)

Vinnie R.

« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2016, 03:36 pm »
Here's another one 'fresh off the press,' from Rafe Arnott of Audio-Head:

http://audio-head.com/vinnie-rossi-gets-lit-with-the-mini-pure-dc-4evr-rmaf-2016/

Rafe not only mentions shows very cool photos of the LIO DHT Integrated, but also teases with
a pic of the prototype MINI PURE-DC-4EVR !

Quote from: Rafe Arnott / Audio-Head.com
The LIO was feeding a pair of Harbeth Super HL5 Plus ($6,995 USD) in Denver, and the sound was even more organic, ballsy, emotionally-engaging, and outputting the most jammi-est midrange I’ve heard from this combo. It just begged to be turned waaaay up. Get your pre-orders in now at:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=0svf3dmpsunq5njf4ebv9nltn0&topic=145402.0

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:58 pm »
All,

DAR's coverage is now live (thanks for the heads up, mcanaday!):

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/10/going-off-grid-with-vinnie-rossi-at-rmaf-2016/

John Darko posted a video of me showing the VR MINI power supply prototype as well  :green:

Vinnie