Cube Audio

Bemopti123

Re: Cube Audio
« Reply #20 on: 10 Mar 2021, 12:04 am »
Indeed. IME the optimim size of a FR is 4-5”. Above that the cone becomes harder to control and there is often a ripple train of resonaces up high. Something i tend to have issues with.

All FRs have compromises. All multi-ways have compromises. One has to choose those that best suiy their needs.

The Cube is not the be all and end all (i haven’t heard one, but have done a few boxes for them).

And it pissed me off a little bit to see the prices triple when they brought distribution into the picture.

If you want to look at an “exotic” European driver have a look at Sonido. They are still “affordable”, the 6x9 in particular looks interesting. But you’ll have to order directly from Poland.

dave

Dave do you have any experience with the Sonido drivers?  While the website is in English, it says little no nothing a price list etc...  They do seem to be intriguing.  If you do have experience with them, what sort of size where the drivers and the cabinets used for them.

BTW, did you get someone to do flatpacks for the Fonken XLs or do you foresee it happening or not?

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #21 on: 10 Mar 2021, 12:32 am »
I have followed topics on teh drivers and Scott & i have done an ML-TL design for the 6x9 and (perhaps) a box for one of the FC.

Flat-paks are now available from Bob Berner at BigWood Studio in PA.

dave

email me if you can’t find the contact.

Kw6

« Reply #22 on: 17 Jan 2024, 10:03 am »
Great information here! Enjoy reading all the posts!😊