Philharmonic BMR

Duckey

Philharmonic BMR
« on: 2 Jan 2024, 01:08 pm »
Looking at replacement speakers for my MA silver 300's. I'm liking what I hear about the Philharmonic BMR and also the Zu Soul speakers but it would be nice to be able to hear & witness these speakers in the flesh.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Philharmonic BMR
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2024, 06:54 pm »
The BMR's aren't available retail, so you'll have to find a willing audiophile to open up their home to you.  Of course that means accepting whatever room, ancillary gear, and possibly music they have. 

RonN5

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2024, 10:33 pm »
Since a lot of the Philharmonic owners hang out here....you may want to put a posting on this site with your general location and see if anyone responds.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/philharmonic-audio-dennis-murphy.1348949/page-1268#replies

artur9

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2024, 12:21 am »
Looking at replacement speakers for my MA silver 300's. I'm liking what I hear about the Philharmonic BMR and also the Zu Soul speakers but it would be nice to be able to hear & witness these speakers in the flesh.

I have the BMRs.  Appearance-wise, photos don't do them justice.  I have the Zebra Satin and they are beautiful.

Heavier and bigger than I expected from the descriptions.

snaimpally

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2024, 12:45 am »

The BMR monitors put most monitor speakers to shame. I recently got the BMR HT Towers. If you are in the Austin, TX area, I'm happy to let you have a listen.

groovybassist

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jan 2024, 01:54 pm »
+1 on the BMR HT Towers; best speakers I’ve personally owned.

Duckey

« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2024, 03:19 am »
I purchased the BMR Towers a few weeks ago are very pleased with their performance. I agree with artur9 that their massive size and finish are outstanding, Very impressive ! I have clocked over 45 hours listening time and their sounding better each time that I listen to them. I have tried 3 different power amps and a few preamps to find my favorites combination.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2024, 08:51 am »
This is a timely discussion. I just might get an opportunity to audition a pair of the towers with Rosewood veneer soon.

Mary

• Industry Participant
  • AVA Associate
« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2024, 03:21 pm »
Audio by Van Alstine will be showing with Philharmonic Audio at Axpona this year. We will be in room 456 and will be showcasing the BMR monitors.

Mary

Rocket

« Reply #9 on: 15 Feb 2024, 01:20 pm »
Hi,

Just buy a pair of BMR monitors from Philharmonic Audio. Far far better than anything retail at their price.

https://www.philharmonicaudio.com/BMR.html

Cheers Rod