Re: Sensation Pics

Light-Echo

« on: 27 Mar 2010, 12:59 am »
Ahem    please imagine Pavorotti: .... "I got my amp, I Got My Amp!, I GOT MY AAAAAAAMP!!!" (The crowd goes crazy!!)

I'd like to say something about Virtue Audio and the people there, especially Seth. These people have bent over backwards to deliver the goods. On more than one occasion I have questioned their sanity and business model (Going over and above to keep the potential customer happy ... it's almost - un American!!). Every time they have come through. They respond to e-mails at all sorts of hours of the day suggesting that they are as equally impassioned about all this as I am, and it's not just a 9-5 job. I was always a little bit nervous (mostly in an unconscious fashion) about laying out the money for this amp in a pre-order. But I ordered other products from them also (interconnects and the like) and it always showed up in a timely manner. And the quality of the stuff was always top notch. I ordered this amp without the power supply to get a further discount because I have this mongo battery set-up. They sent me a power supply anyways. I

The fit and finish of this thing just makes you want to sit on the couch with it in your lap. The response of the motorized volume control is sick. The back panel oozes quality.

Now Seth, if you're reading this, please answer me a couple of questions.
I knew there was a mono sub out. I certainly did not know there was a stereo pre-out. Geesh man! BIG selling point. You should probably mention this on your site. Question though (as much for everyone else who might wonder as for me): does the volume control function for the pre-outs?

My speakers are not built yet. There is a recommended burn in of a 100 or so hours. Do I need to necessarily run the amp through speakers to accomplish this burn in or will it work with just a continuous audio input?.

Ok. I'm going to go fondle my amp now.

Regards
Dave

« Last Edit: 6 Apr 2010, 02:46 am by Light-Echo »

Bear

« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2010, 01:04 am »
stunning :thumb:

Light-Echo

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2010, 01:47 am »
One more for now

KFD
 :drums:

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2010, 07:17 am »
I certainly did not know there was a stereo pre-out.

Hm. I didn't know that either... Seth, is it buffered?

Edit: answered my own question, from Sensation product page (never noticed before...)

Stereo pre-outs (using LM4562 op-amps)

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2010, 12:32 pm »
I just added that to the site.... the stereo pre-outs have been there since Day1.  Sorry I forgot to mention it.  Of COURSE there are stereo pre-outs!  It's a much higher quality setup than what we put on the little amps, which is good enough for a subwoofer but not optimal for full-range.  We wanted you to be able to use the Sensation pre-outs for driving tube or ICE amps in addition to stereo subs.

How's your Piano treatin' you, John?  It's not in the back of a closet is it?  If not, post some pics!

cynan

« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2010, 05:22 pm »
I got ahold of my shiny new M901 over the weekend. And boy, it sure is purdy! I thought I would add a couple of pics of my own, though sadly, my config is the same as that posted by Light-Echo, so those hopping for some asthetic variety will be dissapointed. Also, sadly, my hasty shots may not be quite up to par with the above pictures (I used and older point and shoot under less than ideal lighting conditions so the pics are a bit noisy and slightly out of focus).

I was quite surprised by the size difference between the Sensation and the smaller Virtue amps (despite having noted the dimensions beforehand). (Sorry, this pic is particularly shoddy)

Perhaps I'll dust off the ol' SLR and try to get a bit creative composition-wise when I have more time.

Also, I plan to get around to discussing about about how it sounds (the important bit) - particullarly comparing the M901 to the TWO.

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2010, 07:02 pm »
I love looking at all the different tops !
the Zebra wood is gorgeous !
I'm planning on making my own top to match my speakers (Waterfall Bubinga)

oskar

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2010, 03:21 pm »
Okay show and tell it is.

And also, how's the amp sounding to you all? Are you hearing a difference during the burn-in?

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #8 on: 31 Mar 2010, 05:45 pm »
What an awesome color combination !
my wife was awestruck when she saw these pics.

Keep em coming I love seeing the different designs.

if I could order one in every configuration..... :drool:

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #9 on: 1 Apr 2010, 03:37 am »
I didnt even get a chance to clean up the dust  :duh: but here is a picture of the solid Bubinga top I built for mine.
I'll get some better pictures in the daylight tomorrow

OzarkTom

« Reply #10 on: 3 Apr 2010, 04:13 pm »
Sensation 451 in brown rosewood.

« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2010, 05:58 pm by OzarkTom »

OzarkTom

« Reply #11 on: 4 Apr 2010, 03:31 am »
A pic of bpthe the Sensation and Piano.

And here are the speakers they are driving, the Gallo Stradas.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #12 on: 4 Apr 2010, 03:40 am »
That brown rosewood is stunning.  We'll get you the matching one for Piano this week.  Thanks for posting, Tom!

OzarkTom

« Reply #13 on: 4 Apr 2010, 02:56 pm »
That brown rosewood is stunning.  We'll get you the matching one for Piano this week.  Thanks for posting, Tom!

Wow, what customer service! That was my fault on the mix-up of the finishes. Thanks Seth!

Light-Echo

Re: Re: Sensation Pics
« Reply #14 on: 6 Apr 2010, 02:54 am »
Wow! Nice Jason. I don't know why I didn't think about that. I have my N3's being finished in a Burbinga Waterfall veneer and it took a while to decide on it but I'm getting a couple of Jewelry type boxes made of the same Burbinga for my x-overs Ninja-san is building for me. It only seems obvious now to send my panels to the FIL to have them "Burbinga'd" too!!

Regards
Dave

Light-Echo

« Reply #15 on: 6 Apr 2010, 03:07 am »
Tom's variation with Rosewood is very nice also. Here's my take on the matter: You can take a beautiful woman and dress her up in all sorts of clothing. It's the woman that makes the clothing beautiful.

Seth! You're a regular Ralph Lauren!

Regards
Dave

Light-Echo

« Reply #16 on: 6 Apr 2010, 03:47 am »
Tom

Please elucidate on how the Sensation and the Stradas work together.

Dave

OzarkTom

« Reply #17 on: 6 Apr 2010, 04:10 am »
Dave,

My Sensation 451 only has about 50 hours on it, so that is still smoothing out. For the first 25 hours, it sounded....well you know. With some CD's it is now starting to take a 3D hologrphic effect, very few systems will ever do that. The micro detail is as good as you will ever hear in any system. I was scared to death to buy speakers with ribbon drivers, but these are by far the smoothest I have ever heard, no tinniest at all. With no crossovers at all in the Stradas, you can imagine the clarity, detail and imaging. I would love to take this system to the CES or RMAF show next year. It would easily be in the top five, if not the top three best sounding systems at the show. For $3500 spent here, that is saying a lot. I still don't have the sub hooked up yet, I might not ever do so. The bass is unreal thanks to the Sensation and Piano.

Tom

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #18 on: 6 Apr 2010, 06:18 am »
tom, bring it to the lone star audio fest in dallas in may :drool:

OzarkTom

« Reply #19 on: 6 Apr 2010, 10:23 am »
tom, bring it to the lone star audio fest in dallas in may :drool:

When is it is May amd how much would it cost for a demo room?