TS3

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
TS3
« on: 3 Oct 2008, 10:34 pm »
Custom design with a matching center channel coming soon to the Houston area...

treytexag

Re: TS3
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2008, 05:53 am »
BAM!  Don't know how I missed it Rick?! :duh:  I been so busy at work, and you've already had pics up for over a week - man I must pay better attention or browse over here more often!  Thanks for posting the pic - they look beauteous! - can't wait to hear them.  :thumb:

BTW, great meeting you yesterday in Denver.  The array speakers you had playing with the 32 drivers and 8 Founteks sounded very nice indeed.  Also looking forward to hearing Fred's Texas Towers when he gets those completed too.

Rick, thanks allot and nice visiting with you yesterday.  After I get everything completed and set up (hopefully in the next few weeks), I'll give you a call.  Safe travels back home from the RMAF!

Trey

FredT300B

Re: TS3
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2008, 11:19 pm »
I finished Trey's left and right speakers this afternoon and set them on some 18" stands for a listen. Worst bass balance I've heard in a long time. My RS sound meter revealed a 10dB peak below 100hz. Then I checked the woofer specs and realized they are four ohm drivers and are intended to be wired in series and not in parallel  :duh:

Now they're wired correctly and playing again. This time the in-room bass response is flat down to 60hz, exactly what I would expect for a sealed enclosure that's intended for use in Trey's HT system with a subwoofer or two. Then I placed a sealed subwoofer into the system. Trey, you're going to like these speakers.  :thumb: