• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor
Counterfeit Apple stores in China
« on: 22 Jul 2011, 04:15 pm »

Take a look.....

Fake store

jackman

Re: Counterfeit Apple stores in China
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2011, 04:52 pm »
Typical Chinese disregard for intellectual property.  I'm confident this was government sponsored. 

jrebman

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2011, 09:16 pm »
When was the last time you ordered an Apple product from Apple?  Do you see where most of the things ship from?  Why would the chinese shoot themselves in the foot? ::

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2011, 11:09 pm »
Why would the chinese shoot themselves in the foot? ::

They don't care. They don't have to care.

D.D.

jackman

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2011, 11:53 pm »
When was the last time you ordered an Apple product from Apple?  Do you see where most of the things ship from?  Why would the chinese shoot themselves in the foot? ::

You are joking...right? :scratch:

viggen

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2011, 12:54 am »
When was the last time you ordered an Apple product from Apple? 

About 5 years ago.  I promptly returned the damn thing cuz it kept freezing whenever I go on some video streaming website which is what I bought it for.

Do you see where most of the things ship from?

I am guessing Foxconn in Shenzhen?

Why would the chinese shoot themselves in the foot? ::

Who are you referring to when you say "Chinese"?  I am sure the manufacturer and the fake store's proprietor have very little in common other than their ethnicity.  Foxconn is Taiwanese owned btw. 

Speaking of which, I have 3 people mention this fake store story to me today, and I've already read about it on Engadget yesterday.  It wonders to me why anyone other than apple fanboys would care their mecca has been desecrated which is why I clicked on this thread.

jrebman

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2011, 02:16 am »
No apple fan-boy here -- I use whatever works -- MS, Apple, linux and/or none of the above.

Really just commenting on the knee-jerk reaction to blame the chinese government for anything that even starts to smell bad.  Not condoning the fake store at all.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2011, 03:09 am »
Speaking of which, I have 3 people mention this fake store story to me today, and I've already read about it on Engadget yesterday.  It wonders to me why anyone other than apple fanboys would care their mecca has been desecrated which is why I clicked on this thread.

I'm pretty sure FANBOY is a no-no word at AC...it has proven to be an incendiary description of someone during past use :?

This fake Apple store was 99.99% not sanctioned by the Chinese government.....the Chinese people are quite entrepreneurial on their own (look at the minority populations of Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia yet see who the merchant class is made up of).   They'll learn in time that it's not right to do these things....free enterprise is still a relatively new concept in China

I speak from experience, btw...having had intellectual property that was copied from us by several Chinese manufacturers in the past....and completely unauthorized by either my partner or I  :nono:

The first free enterprise zone was Guangzhou Province in 1975 and Yunnan Province, in a remote section of China far from the coast free enterprise came much later. 

You couldn't have picked a much different or further spot from Beijing, China's capital.

simon wagstaff

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2011, 12:48 pm »
Not to be politically incorrect but I think that any business dealings with the "Chinese" need to be undertaken with great care. This is a good example:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2063657,00.html

Crimson

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jul 2011, 02:15 pm »
Unbecoming behavior here, guys. I'm not going to trash it, but it's locked.