What's up Dave?

Al Garay

What's up Dave?
« on: 19 Jan 2004, 03:54 am »
Thanks to Darren Thomas who helped me build the cabinet just in time for Christmas, I am enjoying the 1801s with a 4.0 cubic foot sealed SCC300/Hypex HS200 sub. The integration is very good. I'm still playing with the multiple options on the plate amp.

Since I do not have a HT receiver with bass management, I'm plugging my pre-amp outputs to the Satellite inputs on the Hypex and outputs to my AKSA amps. So, the active crossover on the Hypex is doing high-pass to the 1801s and low-pass to the SCC300.

I have a large family room, about 17'Wx22'Dx 8'H. The sub produces plenty of bass for my taste. But just in case, I bought Jackman's SCC300. When I can afford to buy another Hypex HS200, I will have stereo subs... perhaps in smaller cabinets.

I'm glad that this Forum is open again.

Al

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
Ah yes, a wider variety of music.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2004, 01:35 am »
Al,

I have been very busy, and honestly there wasn't much to post here.  Hence, when the foum was locked I wasn't bothered.  Now there is some information that really should be conveyed.  It is very nice to have this open forum.

Also, my stereo has encountered a wider variety of music lately.  Most common are Veggie Tales music and the Wiggles too.   The Wiggles are quite popular with my boys.  5 years ago I had no vision this would happen.  There are many things that have really surprised me after children.

Dave

Al Garay

What's up Dave?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2004, 02:31 am »
My kids have taken a stronger interest into the stereo after I added the sub. They like to dance a lot more often even music that I had played before such as Dire Straits, Hilary Duff (I have girls remember), Bonnie Rait, Earth Wind & Fire... the bass improves the groove thing.

Yes, Veggie Tales has had me singing "brocoli, celery... gotta be ... Veggie Tales".

I enjoy watching Finding Nemo as much or more than Two Towers.

It will be interesting to see the improvements when I change to the 1801B crossover.

Al

David Ellis

What's up Dave?
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2004, 03:31 am »
Ah yes,

I find it funny that you mention Nemo.

Finding Nemo is also quite popular in our home too.  We don't have the Two Towers yet.  It's kinda' gloomy/dark, and I'm not sure that I want to watch it again.

Dave

EProvenzano

What's up Dave?
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2004, 08:27 pm »
Well I'm glad my boys are not enjoying my 1801's just yet. I'm afraid the W18's would turn into serving dishes for gummy bears, cheerios and other gooey snacks! Looking forward to sharing my hobbies with them tho.

How is your 3 way project coming Dave? Last I saw, you had the cabinets nearly finished. Did you decide on the driver compliment?...any picturest to share?

Thanks

David Ellis

Children and the 1801 Cone
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2004, 11:11 pm »
Gummi bears are no problem for the 1801 cone.  Actually, I find that very few things are problematic for children and the W18 cone.  I learned very early that dried oranged juice juice wipes away with a damp cloth fairly easy.    This is not possible with most other drivers - especially those scanspeak units.

I'll post a couple other threads about what's in the brew pot...  Organization would be better this way.

Dave

EProvenzano

What's up Dave?
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2004, 11:27 pm »
Too funny Dave. Yet another testimonial for the Seas drivers over the SS....Easy clean-up!

Get your 1801's now: Fantastic imaging, neutral presentation, stunning craftsmanship....and spills clean in a snap!

:D