What happened to internet radio via Squeezebox?

stereocilia

What happened to internet radio via Squeezebox?
« on: 10 Jul 2009, 11:41 pm »
My wife asked my why the internet radio stopped working.  She likes to listen to radioio sometimes through the squeezebox, and I'm surprised to discover that now it seems to be missing altogether.  Am I the only one who noticed this, or did I not get some important memo or something?

Charles Calkins

Re: What happened to internet radio via Squeezebox?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2009, 12:18 am »
On Squeeze center go to internet radio .World. Choose city. From there find a city. North America. Europe. Asia. Whatever you're looking for.
My favorite is KJZY from Santa Rosa Ca.

Cheers
                                      Charlie

stereocilia

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2009, 12:23 am »
hmmm.  All I see under internet radio now is "Tune in URL."  No more categories, no more radioio, no more "Staff Picks..." etc.  Your sqeezecenter still has all those?

Charles Calkins

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2009, 12:31 am »
Isn't there a list under internet radio. Like staff picks.Local. Music. Talk. Sports. World. Sirius. Radioio. More radio. Search. Tune in URL. All these should be in a vertical column beneath Internet radio.

Cheers
                                        Charlie

stereocilia

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2009, 12:39 am »
That's exactly what I remember being there just a couple days ago, but now all I see is "Tune in URL" and nothing else.  I now have more under "Music Services" -- Pandora, Napster, Slacker, ... Deezer...  But, that isn't what I wanted.  Should I reinstall Squeezecenter or something?

Charles Calkins

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2009, 12:45 am »
Sometimes for some unexplainable reason the squeeze center software takes a crap. And it doesn't affect the whole program just parts of it. Been down that road. I'd try reinstalling the latest version. Got nothing to lose. Probably put you back in business.

Cheers
                        Charlie

stereocilia

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2009, 12:52 am »
Thank you very much for your help.  Sure is bizarre.  I'll try the reinstall.

stereocilia

« Reply #7 on: 11 Jul 2009, 01:04 am »
reinstalled.  same problem.  Am I the only one?

TomS

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jul 2009, 01:08 am »
Just checked mine, works fine...

stereocilia

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jul 2009, 01:30 am »
Thanks for checking.

My Pandora's not working through the squeezbox, either.    :banghead:

It says "A SqueezeNetwork account is required for this service..."  So, I logged into SqueezeNetwork and made sure I have an account.

One thing I notice is that when I click on Settings and look at the SqueezeNetwork tab, the fields for email address and password are blank.  I enter them, click a different tab, I confirm "Save Changes (Yes), click back to the SqueezeNetwork tab and the fields are blank again.  Is my anti-virus messing with me?  I use Kaspersky, if it matters.  This is so maddening!

Charles Calkins

« Reply #10 on: 11 Jul 2009, 01:31 am »
Turn your PC off for a few minutes.

Cheers
                  Charlie

stereocilia

« Reply #11 on: 11 Jul 2009, 01:58 am »
it still won't save my squeezenetwork email and password in settings.  I tried squeezenetwork directly at sqeezenetwork.com, and it looks like the "choose player" pulldown doesn't show either player.  It works fine in Squeezecenter, though.

I'm downloading an update for Windows (which would have happened at 3 am automatically).  who knows, maybe that will help.  Computers are from Satan.

stereocilia

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jul 2009, 02:58 am »
It seems fine now after installing Vista Service Pack 2!  Thanks for the help, it's nice to know that the problem was local and not global.   :thumb:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2009, 03:43 am »
Weird!!!!

stereocilia

« Reply #14 on: 11 Jul 2009, 04:48 am »
and, now the problem is back.  The computer went to sleep, I had to reset it because it wouldn't wake up, and then *poof* ...no more internet radio.

I can't keep the fields with my email and password populated in Squeezecenter.  I type them in, I click "apply," and they disappear after some about 10 seconds.

Okay, I just checked again it's all kinds of weird now...it will only display in "classic" skin mode and I can't even get to the settings.  I'm going to mess with the anti-virus and anti-hacker options to see if that has any effect.

Why can't it just work?   Aye Carumba.

stereocilia

« Reply #15 on: 11 Jul 2009, 05:18 am »
I can display in the default skin again, but I still can't keep the squeezenetwork information in there.  I'm tired and pissed off right now-- probably not the best time to be messing with this.

WGH

« Reply #16 on: 11 Jul 2009, 05:50 am »
I agree, software problems can be frustrating. You probably have a corrupt registry key and re-installing on top of an old install does not fix the key.

I would do a complete uninstall then run a registry cleaner. I have used JV16 Power Tools for years, it is one of the best registry cleaners available.
http://www.macecraft.com/
The free version is back too so try the Power Tools Lite.

A squeaky clean install should then fix your problem.

Wayne

cruz123

« Reply #17 on: 11 Jul 2009, 01:23 pm »

Same here.  I'm not having any trouble.   

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #18 on: 11 Jul 2009, 03:15 pm »

Same here.  I'm not having any trouble.
Yea, mine's working too. Looks like it's just yours man.  :?
I wish you the best of luck. I'd love to have a good recommendation for you, that's a head scratcher for sure. Let us know what it turns out to be.
Good luck

Bob

stereocilia

« Reply #19 on: 11 Jul 2009, 08:35 pm »
I ran the registry cleaner suggested by WGH -- Thanks.  There were 4 errors, the PC health was rated 100/100, and the registry health was rated 96/100.  The problem remained immediately after running the registry fix software.

So I uninstalled Squeezecenter and then reinstalled rather than just installing a new one on top of the old, and the problem has not returned!

It seems like all is well; thanks all for the suggestions and confirming that is was just me.   Okay...babysitter on the way and off to see Wilco... :thumb: