Wow – Windows 7 is a winner!!

JackD201

Re: Wow – Windows 7 is a winner!!
« Reply #40 on: 6 Jul 2009, 05:10 pm »
Boead,

Sorry to go off topic but this has been screwing with my head. Why do all your apostrophe's come out as this.... ? I only ever see it in your posts.

Jack

Also, I wonder if I'm the only one that sees this. Again sorry. I'm not much of a computer guy. I can use one but that's about it.

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #41 on: 10 Jul 2009, 09:50 pm »
Boead,

Sorry to go off topic but this has been screwing with my head. Why do all your apostrophe's come out as this.... ? I only ever see it in your posts.

Jack

Also, I wonder if I'm the only one that sees this. Again sorry. I'm not much of a computer guy. I can use one but that's about it.

I see it as well-- Maybe it is a Windows 7 thing - HA

mgalusha

« Reply #42 on: 10 Jul 2009, 10:03 pm »
We have seen users post stuff composed in word and it will use unicode values for some symbols. Word is very fond of "smart quotes".

WGH

« Reply #43 on: 11 Jul 2009, 12:59 am »
I believe the strange characters happen when the old posts were imported into the new software, I have seen odd characters in many old posts since the change over.

Wayne

dave_c

« Reply #44 on: 28 Jul 2009, 09:33 pm »
So I have a 1st Gen Mac Pro with 2 x Dual Core Xeon's and 10gb's or RAM...but I run Win7 RC1 using Bootcamp and it is just awesome.  Works just as well on my Dell D630 w/ 4gb's of RAM.  I'm running the 64bit version of both and I have had zero compatibility issues and very little bugs.  On my Mac I'm running Foobar2k with WASAPI and I think it sounds great.  TBH I haven't compared it extensively with Vista (skipped it) or XP but I certainly don't find anything lacking.  I will definitely purchase Win7 Ultimate when it comes out on full release.

gary

« Reply #45 on: 28 Jul 2009, 10:36 pm »
I got a new Macbook Pro 13" last week and installed win 7 build 7100 on it the second day I had it. Mac had been my preferred OS up to this, but windows 7 is hands down superior in my opinion. I think it installed in about 20 minutes, almost all the right drivers installed by default and the only real problem that I still have is that the fans don't seem to turn on when they should... hopefully that will be resolved by the time it comes out of beta. Anyway It's by very far the best operating system microsoft has come out with to date and I can't wait until 2012 or so when my company will switch to it from XP.

gary