HPS-938 speaker placement

Hawkeye

HPS-938 speaker placement
« on: 12 Oct 2008, 01:46 am »
I have a small room.  13W x 26L x 7.8H (ft).  The speakers are shooting the long way.  How far from the rear and side walls seem to be the best?  Mine are currently 46 inches from the rear wall and about 3 ft from the side walls.  They are 9 ft apart on their centers and with very little toe in.  Would love to move them back a few inches to try to warm them up a bit.  Any Thoughts??Thanks David

Doubleblind

• Arcam AVR600; Oppo BDP83SE;Hyperion 938; Axiom sur
Re: HPS-938 speaker placement
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2008, 03:22 am »
Hello Hawkeye,

I don’t have much of a choice in positioning my 938s, but I have them toed in, 20” at the nearest corner of each speaker to the back wall, and about 31” to the side walls; and they don’t sound bright to me at all in a fairly bright room.

I would have liked a larger room to maneuver these, but here are the dimensions:
12’ wide by 18 long by 9’ high (the room’s floor is stepped, farthest from the speakers, the seats are 14” high than the front where the speakers sit.
The sweet spot is in front where I sit and the wife goes and sits in the rear of the room.

I know not much help but Good luck

Dracule1

• Facilitator
Re: HPS-938 speaker placement
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2008, 07:23 am »
Further out (at least 4 feet out) and away from the side walls (at least 3ft per side but it's dependent on how wide your room is) the better, as long as you don't lose the bass.  IMHO.  But you really have to experiment - each room is different.