Hyperion 938 Vs Vandersteen 2CE - Part 2

nigi25

Hyperion 938 Vs Vandersteen 2CE - Part 2
« on: 20 May 2007, 02:26 pm »
As you can see in my previous tread I live in Italy. At the end of 2006 I listened to 938 and start evaluating the possibility to change my Vandersteen with them.
After some contacts with Albert Wu to verify the possibility to import directly the speakers from US I started thinking about 938 or 968 and I had the opportunity to talk with some of you (thank you ndeslions! we talked by phone during my recent trip to NYC); at the end I decided to buy the 968 and ordered directly to HSD, I sent the money by Bank transfer and they shipped the speakers using Bax/Schenker courier; the shipment was very fast and, including custom clearance, it lasted two weeks.
I received the speakers very well packaged on a palette, they use 4 very strong carton boxes (one per speaker), the packaging and the use of the palette were sufficient to protect very well the shipment.
I'm very happy with the decision to buy the 968, they are now singing in my room after some break in time, the sound is very clean, detailed with ex image.
What I would like to underline is the service and the support I received from HSD and from Albert directly; he was very fast to reply to my  emails and the replies were always complete, supportive and professional.
If you need additional informations about my experience I'll be very happy to reply.

Ciao!!!!!!

PS ....and the 968 win clearly the race with the Vandersteen  :wink:

ndeslions

Re: Hyperion 938 Vs Vandersteen 2CE - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2007, 12:18 pm »
Hi Nigi,
Good to see that you are happy with those speakers.
Now you could spend some time (and money) trying to reach their limits, i have the 968 for 6 months now, i experienced a lot of high end components in my system but never felt that the performance was limited by the Hyperion.
I am now using the ModWright 36.5 with a pair of Navison OTL amplifiers and all Acrolink Mexcel cables and the result is incredible.

The 968 balance is a bit different from the 938, more refined, a bit more smooth too and the bass articulation / clarity is clearly world class.
All Hyperion speakers i tried (585 586 938 and 968) are easy loads, so you can choose amps only considering their musical qualities, no need to think about tons of watts or huge power supplies.

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2007, 07:57 am »
 ahi ndeslions, are you open this comming saturday for me to come audition a pair? aa

ndeslions

« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2007, 08:37 am »
I use the Hyperion in my personnal system and i live and work in France.
I don't think i had / will ever do a sale related to my messages on Audiocircle, so i don't really consider myself as a dealer here if that was the meaning of your message, i have nothing to win here.

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2007, 10:36 am »
 :scratch:  Sorry, I thought you were a dealer in New York. 

ndeslions

« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2007, 11:18 am »
Well you're welcome here saturday if needed ;)