pictures of SP speakers

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
pictures of SP speakers
« on: 13 Jan 2008, 02:58 pm »
Hi there

We are looking for pictures for our website. Can you help us out?

Micke

spence

Re: pictures of SP speakers
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2008, 03:13 pm »
Micke,
   Unfortunately, there are more pictures of Bigfoot available than there are of SP Tech speakers. Maybe if we're persistant, we'll see Red Oak with matching veneer sides, as well as Maple and Studio (Black Oak).

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2008, 03:28 pm »
I saw somenones gallery of Continuum 2.5 MKIII. Really nice pics of really nice speakers.

But I'm not sure we are aloud to use the pics in oters galleries, thats why I started this question

/Micke

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2008, 03:45 pm »
You can use any of mine, but they're not that good.
SP Tech install gallery

Frank S.

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2008, 03:47 pm »

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2008, 03:56 pm »
Thank you so very much !!
These were the galleries I saw before that I was talking about.

(Sorry about my english)
 :green:

bbchem

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2008, 05:26 pm »
HERE IS MY MINI>>>

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1279&pos=4
The Mini are the one I am thinking about buying first, how is the sound? Good bass? You need a powerfull amp?

bbchem

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2008, 05:33 pm »
:D   Funny you should ask, the bass is both powerful but most importantly it is very accurate and well formed. I play the drums and I am very attuned to the sound of the different drums. These have an excellent full and realistic bass down to 30 with my test CD.  As for amps, I discussed this with Bob and he did recommend a decent SS amp. I used two SS amps from 150 to 350WPC and I am now using my favortie amp which is a Tube 60WPC TAD class A/AB amp. Since tubes are supposedly double solid state, the power I am getting is probably more like 120wpc. Anyway, the sound with this AMP is totally phenomenal all around. I guess that gives you several choices.   :thumb:

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2008, 06:06 pm »
:D   Funny you should ask, the bass is both powerful but most importantly it is very accurate and well formed. I play the drums and I am very attuned to the sound of the different drums. These have an excellent full and realistic bass down to 30 with my test CD.  As for amps, I discussed this with Bob and he did recommend a decent SS amp. I used two SS amps from 150 to 350WPC and I am now using my favortie amp which is a Tube 60WPC TAD class A/AB amp. Since tubes are supposedly double solid state, the power I am getting is probably more like 120wpc. Anyway, the sound with this AMP is totally phenomenal all around. I guess that gives you several choices.   :thumb:
Thank you so much for your reply!
We use Dared alot here, perhaps you have heard of it? -> http://www.justaudiomagic.se/page337.html (Its our site)
These are incredible priceworth!

Today we use a Dared MP-60 and plays with speakers from Nola (Viper 1A)

bbchem

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2008, 06:20 pm »
 :)  I actually have a pair of Dared VP-300b Set monoblocks that I really like alot, but at 8wpc I did not even attempt to try with the Minis    :wink:

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2008, 06:34 pm »
:)  I actually have a pair of Dared VP-300b Set monoblocks that I really like alot, but at 8wpc I did not even attempt to try with the Minis    :wink:
Really?. Thats cool  :)
I understand you about not trying them with your Minis, they only gives 9 W class A ;)

On the other hand, we played our Nola speakers with them and they are quite bigger than the Minis. Sure the Minis has 87 db and the Nola 88 but then the Nola has its woofer in a closed cabinet. (The MP-60 from Dared are much better with Nola than the VP-300B).
Our idea is to get the VP-845 and use this amp with SP speakers. This gives 2 x 35 W class A

We also have the Belles Soloist but they dont sound as good as Dared

Christof

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jan 2008, 07:56 pm »
Hi there

Micke

If Bob does not post any pics soon, I may have time next week to swing by and shoot some for him.

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
« Reply #13 on: 13 Jan 2008, 08:56 pm »
Hi there

Micke

If Bob does not post any pics soon, I may have time next week to swing by and shoot some for him.
That would really help us out!!
Do you know if Bob has some building pics that we can use?

SP Cabmaker

« Reply #14 on: 13 Jan 2008, 09:40 pm »
Hi Micke, everyone,

I have been busy trying to get tooled up and in the meantime, get some more minis built to fill existing orders.  I will also be photographing the various finishes we will be offering as I complete the cabinets. I will supply you with photos Micke, as soon as they are available.  Just let me know where you want them emailed.  As for those of you waiting for your minis, :drool: I am doing all I can to get them completed for you.  The first run  always takes longer because I also have to design and make special jigs, tools and procedures as I am working.  This is a necessary process to ensure the most efficient and consistent quality of the enclosures.  I know it isn't easy waiting for your speakers, that's why I am trying to make sure that production processes are in place to speed up delivery in the future.  We appreciate your patience as we deal with these “growing pains”. :duh:  Thanks once again.

:green:Tim

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
« Reply #15 on: 13 Jan 2008, 11:01 pm »
Hi Micke, everyone,

I have been busy trying to get tooled up and in the meantime, get some more minis built to fill existing orders.  I will also be photographing the various finishes we will be offering as I complete the cabinets. I will supply you with photos Micke, as soon as they are available.  Just let me know where you want them emailed.  As for those of you waiting for your minis, :drool: I am doing all I can to get them completed for you.  The first run  always takes longer because I also have to design and make special jigs, tools and procedures as I am working.  This is a necessary process to ensure the most efficient and consistent quality of the enclosures.  I know it isn't easy waiting for your speakers, that's why I am trying to make sure that production processes are in place to speed up delivery in the future.  We appreciate your patience as we deal with these “growing pains”. :duh:  Thanks once again.

Hi Tim!

Thank you so very much for your reply, It means alot!!

My email -> info@justaudiomagic.se

phoenix_rising

« Reply #16 on: 13 Jan 2008, 11:25 pm »
Hi Micke, everyone,

Hi Tim

No problem waiting. Happy to wait for a quality job as I will be sitting and looking at them for a long time to come as will most other people that purchase them.

Phoenix

bhobba

« Reply #17 on: 14 Jan 2008, 02:56 am »

Actually SET's are more like 1W - it is that first watt that is magical.  I generally say, despite the recommendations of many that you need gobs of power with SP's, any reasonably powered amp is fine.  But 1W is a bit too puny.  Dave Ellis gives my views on amp power better than I can:

http://www.ellisaudio.com/wattsratings.htm

30W valve, 60W transistor is more than eonugh to get the job done.

For financial reasons I intend to initially use a panny XR57 being fed with a up-sampled very low jitter signal (one of the lowest that has been measured in commercial unmodified gear - 120ps worse case - it will usually be a lot lower) signal from a Azur 740C.  By all reports the panny is pretty much as good as what it is being fed.  Don't think just because it is cheap it is lacking:
http://www.stereomojo.com/SHOOTOUT2007INTEGRATEDS.htm

Although it came last in the shootout - in many cases it was close, as one reviewer said: 'this was a very difficult decision and he would be happy with either.'  And that was using the analogue inputs - the panny being totally digital is better using the digital inputs. In fact many believe it would have done better in the shootout using the digital inputs - which is how any sane person would use it anyway.

Of course that is not to say a better amp will not go better with the Timepieces - they are ruthlessly revealing - any component weakness will show up.  That is not to say something like a panny will be unlistenable - it is just that better amps will be - well better.  For those starting out in this hobby on a budget I believe SP speakers a panny is the way to go.  They will need some hellishly expensive source gear for the Mini's to be the systems limitation.

Thanks
Bill 

bhobba

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jan 2008, 03:02 am »
I know it isn't easy waiting for your speakers, that's why I am trying to make sure that production processes are in place to speed up delivery in the future.  We appreciate your patience as we deal with these “growing pains”. :duh:  Thanks once again.

Just letting you know Tim, as I already have told Bob, I am in no hurry for my mini's.  Get then out for those drooling on them first.

Thanks
Bill

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #19 on: 14 Jan 2008, 03:07 am »
Bill....
That is not to say something like a panny will be unlistenable - it is just that better amps will be - well better.
Right....and the better the amp....and the more power you have....the better it will sound. :wink: