Fresh off of the bench

Pez

Re: Fresh off of the bench
« Reply #40 on: 6 Jan 2023, 10:34 pm »
This is an interesting one, Aero Ag USB and Aero Ag BNC. The BNC is for a CH Precision T1 master clock to a CH Precision C1 DAC.  8) some serious front end for sure.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #41 on: 7 Jan 2023, 03:57 am »
Never, ever get tired of seeing what comes off of your bench  :popcorn:

dpatters

« Reply #42 on: 7 Jan 2023, 03:52 pm »
It’s a true testament that someone with that eye watering expensive digital front end chose your cables. Pretty obvious they could afford any cables on the market. Congratulations.

Don P

Pez

« Reply #43 on: 12 Jan 2023, 11:33 pm »
I haven’t had a chance to show you all but there has been a mostly cosmetic refresh for QS cables. Gone are the heat shrink arrow indicators near the barrels. They’re replaced with the sexy new silver decals. Also the new version uses a much nicer and better shielding quality Mylar layer making the QS shimmer.  8)

Last but not least, these ones have the new hotness from KLE the Perfect Harmony connectors. All I can say is WOW! Smoother more organic while retaining the same detail of the Absolutes. A worthwhile upgrade for sure. These are going out for eval to an AC member.  8)

artur9

« Reply #44 on: 13 Jan 2023, 01:15 am »
I have really gotta rub the coins together to get a USB and headphone cable from you.  Just love your work.

Pez

« Reply #45 on: 3 Mar 2023, 05:31 pm »
Going out today! I haven’t posted the last few just out of forgetfulness on my part, but this set I remembered before boxing things up.  :lol:

2 Aero Ag BNC and one Aero Ag USB. This has been a theme lately, a lot of folks are using the BCA cables for either proprietary BNC interfaces with with streamers and DACs or they’re using them for clocks. I really love the AECO BNC connectors. An excellent design and incredible sound quality.

Pez

« Reply #46 on: 7 Mar 2023, 09:18 pm »
Keep on rolling! Aero Cu USB went out yesterday. Every Aero cable is made by hand. It is a meticulous process that takes several days to make. From polishing to installing the shield, the entire process is done in-house.

And going out today. This is a theme lately! Dual Aero BNC for a proprietary clocking system. A lot of folks using this sort of setup it seems. I’m curious to hear what experience you folks have with such a rig.

Thanks to the folks who share their experiences. It’s what helps spread the word on Hapa Audio.

Pez

« Reply #47 on: 28 Mar 2023, 05:45 pm »
This went out last week to an AC reviewer:

2 pair of Ember RCA. One set at 2 meters. It’s been a while since I’ve posted any Ember builds. It might be time for another tour for them.  :green:

Got another build I’ll post later. This one is unique.

Pez

« Reply #48 on: 29 Mar 2023, 08:23 pm »
I’ve been very happy with KnØt FS for most of my listening needs. For headphones it’s literally the best I know how to make. However when I’m on the go, I’ve wanted something more compact and easier to carry. I would normally use KnØt IEM for my IEM headphones, however for my Meze Lirics this design is less than ideal. I needed something “fatter” in physical design for the Y section of the cable without being gigantic like KnØt FS. I think this solution is both beautiful and sonically exceptional!

This is the first of a kind potentially. KnØt in a compact form for full sized headphones for portability. The beads are pure titanium hand made by a titanium beadmaker in Ukraine. I order them custom sometimes for clients if they want a look that is 100% unique. These ones are anodized to have that gorgeous iridescent verdigris and lavender color variation that changes when viewed from different angles.

I want to post more on KnØt and why it stands at the apex of headphone cable designs. Stay tuned.  :popcorn:

Pez

« Reply #49 on: 25 Apr 2023, 03:56 pm »
An odd one last week! I had a client who needed to adapt two adaptors  :lol: basically he needed to insert a heater to a tube octal and the only way to do it and still have compatibility across a few different options was to make this crazy adaptor:

I used the current favorite tube sockets for the female banana connectors and a gold plated 5.5 OD 2.5 ID dc plug on the other end. I then used an acrylic tube and epoxy with sparkling mica pigment for the female dc connector to secure everything in place. A very attractive and effective solution!

This allowed the client to use 6J5 driver tubes rather than the 6SN7 tubes normally used in his amp. The voltage to the heater is delivered by a Ferrum Hypsos voltage variable voltage unit.  :thumb: according to the client the sound quality is excellent with this new addition and gives him the ability to take tube rolling to the next level.

Got a few more sexy builds to post this week. Stay tuned.  :thumb:

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #50 on: 25 Apr 2023, 10:48 pm »
Hahaha, that's wild! Seriously custom tweak territory there.  :thumb:

Nick B

« Reply #51 on: 25 Apr 2023, 11:03 pm »
An odd one last week! I had a client who needed to adapt two adaptors  :lol: basically he needed to insert a heater to a tube octal and the only way to do it and still have compatibility across a few different options was to make this crazy adaptor:

I used the current favorite tube sockets for the female banana connectors and a gold plated 5.5 OD 2.5 ID dc plug on the other end. I then used an acrylic tube and epoxy with sparkling mica pigment for the female dc connector to secure everything in place. A very attractive and effective solution!

This allowed the client to use 6J5 driver tubes rather than the 6SN7 tubes normally used in his amp. The voltage to the heater is delivered by a Ferrum Hypsos voltage variable voltage unit.  :thumb: according to the client the sound quality is excellent with this new addition and gives him the ability to take tube rolling to the next level.

Got a few more sexy builds to post this week. Stay tuned.  :thumb:

That’s a first for sure. Outside the box kind of thinking…kinda like hand polishing silver wires 😄

Pez

« Reply #52 on: 26 Apr 2023, 06:23 pm »
Hahaha, that's wild! Seriously custom tweak territory there.  :thumb:

Tweaky indeed! I rarely use silver lated copper in the signal path, this build was no exception to that rule, but I did use it for the heater. Aside from all that the use of acrylic and epoxy to make a barrel is new and novel for my builds. Nothing comes close to the structural stability and I'm definitely going to start integrating these types of materials in more of my builds.

I described this build to my wife this way- "It’s an adaptor to adapt two adaptors to adapt a special tube using a voltage adaptor."  :duh:

That’s a first for sure. Outside the box kind of thinking…kinda like hand polishing silver wires 😄

Always challenging myself to create something new and effective. Science and Art combined.

Pez

« Reply #53 on: 1 May 2023, 07:01 pm »
This one is a unique one for a few reasons. First and foremost I made this headphone cable specifically for a video project I’m working on with my photographer Tegan K it’s going to be mind blowing! I can’t wait to show you all, but at the very least I can show you the end result of the build. And what a build! Pure silver Angel hair Litz Knot in a more portable configuration.

All fittings are custom made by my bead maker in Ukraine out of pure titanium, then anodized to get those crazy colors. The Y bead is a forge folded titanium bead giving it that wild yellow/blue stripped patterning.  :duh: Mind blowing stuff coming from a very talented artist!

I built this one for my portable setup. IFi Diablo, Meze Liric into my computer which is using Aero Ag USB with both iFi iSilencer and iPurifer. I highly recommend both of these ANC devices when plugged directly into a computer. Especially with higher resolution file formats, you get was less hash and better sound quality.

On another topic, we still have space on the Aero digital tour. This is the mother of all yours, it will have ALL of the Aero digital caes in both copper and silver.  8) Sign up here: https://forms.clickup.com/8415154/f/80txj-920/FA8PLZHL7YKXPIW0RL

BCRich1

« Reply #54 on: 13 May 2023, 03:20 pm »
Going out today! I haven’t posted the last few just out of forgetfulness on my part, but this set I remembered before boxing things up.  :lol:

2 Aero Ag BNC and one Aero Ag USB. This has been a theme lately, a lot of folks are using the BCA cables for either proprietary BNC interfaces with with streamers and DACs or they’re using them for clocks. I really love the AECO BNC connectors. An excellent design and incredible sound quality.

Hi All,
I am the Happy Recipient of these 3 Cables. A little background first.
I auditioned the first Aero USB cable in February of 2022. I put it up against as Sablon 2020 USB; which I owned and later on added a Sablon EVO USB Cable, which a friend owned and we listened together to all 3 cables. Prio to adding the EVO I had been listening to the Aero cable vs the Sablon 2020 for about a week or so. It was clearly that the Hapa was a special cable. Much more refined and musical than the Sablon 2020. When my friend came over with the EVO we kept things simple. At the time my system consisted of a Bryston BP26 Preamp, Bryston 4B cubed amp, Bryston BDA-3 DAC and my front end was and still is a Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical being fed from a Sonore Optical Module Deluxe and a Custom Built Music Server. My Speakers are Totem Acoustic Mani 2 Signatures.
Like I said we kept things simple; my go to demo CD is Larry Carlton’s “Alone / But Never Alone”, we used Tracks 1 & 5, Track 1 is “Smiles and Smiles to Go”, which contains a wonderful continuous flowing Bass Line along with an Acoustic Guitar. The second track is called High Steppin’, lots of percussive things happening, probably my favorite track on this album. The third track we chose id the Opening track to Chuck Mangione’s “Children of Sanchez”, very dynamic featuring Horn’s and a male vocal. Comparing the Aero to the 2020 we both agreed the Aero was the better of the two. Add the Sablon EVO to the mix; that changed everything. When we listened to the Chuck Mangione track the best way to describe the Aero would be shoutee. Jason had sent me a 2.0M cable; we thought maybe I needed a shorter cable. In the end I ended up purchasing the EVO and returned the Aero to Jason.

Fast forward a year later; after many changes to my system; I reach out to Jason again and ask him if I could demo the new Aero Ag USB and a couple of Aero Ag BNC Cables. I have been a fan of Silver cables for many years, my Power cables are Audio Magic and my XLR Cables were Audio Magic and Silversmith Audio. Both based on silver conductors. He obliged; and so my latest Hapa journey began.
My system is very different from the previous one as well; Bricasti M12 Controller and M25 Amp, a new server build, 2 Custom built Linear Power Supplies. The server is built off the Taiko DIY Chassis, ended up being quite a challenge due to QC issues and mistakes on my end as well. This is the end result…..

The reason for the BNC Cables was the pending use of a AfterDark 10M Master Clock, it has 3 outputs, the plan was one to a Uptone Audio EtherRegen, one to a Sotm Motherboard / Sotm SCLK-EX combo and a third to a AfterDark Network Card which I initially did not have. My Network card when I was doing all of this was a JCAT NET CARD-XE.

Jason sent me a Aero Ag USB and 2 Aero AG BNC Cables. While waiting on the AfterDark Clock I wasted no time, in with the Aero Ag USB and out went the Sablon EVO. All I could say was Holy Moly; this was a complete 360 degree about face. I used the same 3 tracks and it was an entirely different experience. The amount of detail retrieval and the musicality of this cable was outstanding right from the get go.
I did a quick swap just to be sure, and then back to the Aero.  I listened for at least a week, letting the system play 24/7 to assist with the break in, I had no desire to go back to the EVO. I obviously had to and I did, and allowed that to settle in again and listened to that for a period of time again. The EVO is no slouch and very popular but it was boring compared to the Aero Ag. At a significant upcharge was the Hapa Aero Ag worth it? To my ears absolutely. I was hearing things I had not noticed in tracks that I had been listening to for years.

On to the BNC Cables…..I originally had a single output AfterDark Clock tied to my EtherRegen Network Switch along with a AfterDark BNC Cable, somewhat entry level at the time I upgraded that to their EVA version, the affect of a clock can take things to a new level in terms of Live Sound. Not here to debate that, this is about Jason and Hapa….
With the additional changes to my system my needs changed and I asked  AfterDark to build me a custom clock with 3 outputs.
No plans for the 3rd output yet; the clock arrived and the listening began.
The first test was to reset the EtherRegen to its internal clock and put the first Aero Ag BNC on the Sotm SCLK-EX. Again using the same 3 tracks, the first thing I noticed was a much lower noise floor, obviously this is a result of having the clock but no doubt the cable as
well. I also noticed a much larger soundstage and much more precision overall. Next I added the second cable to the EtherRegen, more improvement, much closer to a Live presentation. After deciding I wanted to put the 3rd output of the clock to good use I decided to order the AfterDark NIC. In terms of maybe trying to save some money as I have been out of control, I asked Jason if I could try the Aero Copper BNC, lucky for me he had one available to send to me. Once it arrived I quickly swapped out the cable on the SOTM Clock Board. Well so much for saving any money, there was no comparison between the two. The copper cable is now residing on the AfterDark NIC while I wait for a third silver cable. I am keeping the AfterDark NIC by the way. Again things are that much closer to a Live performance. My system has never sounded more musical and life like.
You can see the 3 BNC Cables here.

I highly recommend trying out the Hapa Cables. In fact here is the perfect opportunity……..

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=185768.msg1948927#new

Enjoy the Music! I know I am…..Thanks to Jason and Hapa Audio!
Cheers,
Mike

Pez

« Reply #55 on: 9 Aug 2023, 08:43 pm »
It’s been a while since I’ve updated this thread. I’ve been really busy with orders and I kept forgetting to snap photos prior to shipping.  :duh:

This one is cool and unique. I have a friend who plays guitar and I wanted to make him something special.

Ember cable built to accommodate a 1/4” plug. I used gold plated AECO connectors which look great! I haven’t tested it out yet, but I’m fairly confident it’ll sound pretty damn good.

Pez

« Reply #56 on: 16 Aug 2023, 03:56 pm »
Another one that went out a while ago! Forgot to post this one. Ember XLR with AECO gold plated XLR connectors. I enjoyed listening to this one before it went out.  :popcorn:

Been getting more interest in Ember, perhaps it’s time for a tour?  :scratch:

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #57 on: 16 Aug 2023, 04:13 pm »
As you know I have the Ember USB cable and really enjoy it.

I would like to test out the Ember RCA and or the XLR cables if they become available on a tour. Thanks

Wayne in Oregon

Pez

« Reply #58 on: 16 Aug 2023, 09:41 pm »
If I did an Ember tour it would be RCA, XLR and USB. Maybe a giveaway???  :scratch: :nono: :wink:

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #59 on: 29 Aug 2023, 10:11 pm »
PM sent  :thumb:

Wayne in Oregon