Introducing Aero RCA

Pez

Introducing Aero RCA
« on: 10 May 2024, 05:27 pm »

Aero was the product that opened the doors for Hapa Audio. Being the first product on the planet to utilize Aerogel as a dielectric, Aero digital showed the world who Hapa Audio is and the reviews from actual clients speak for themselves.

The folks right here on AC have been clamoring about aerogel cables. With the introduction of Haiku RCA/XLR I showed what Aerogel can do for analog cables. But bluntly, the amount of labor involved and the materials made Haiku just outside of most audiophile’s budget.

I have put a ton of R&D into lowering the labor involvement on ALL Aerogel Nano-polished products in order to make it easier for me to make and less expensive for my clients. It is this research that has lead to, what I believe to be, the most exciting and important product Hapa Audio has released to date.

Introducing Aero RCA

I am happy to introduce the long awaited Aero RCA!

Aero RCA is the end result of years of design and research insanity. With Aero RCA I have managed to eliminate all unnecessary materials, and more importantly, drastically reduced the amount of labor involved. Whereas Haiku RCA/XLR requires no less than a week and a half to manufacture a 1 meter pair, hand making Aero RCA can be accomplished in a day.

Absolutely no compromises
With a more rapid build process, it would seem to follow that I am using lower quality parts, or reducing the quality control of my process. Nothing could be further from the truth. Aero RCA utilizes the same nano-polish level of refinement and the exact same UPOCC that Haiku RCA uses.

Construction
Aero RCA consists of a quasi coaxial design language borrowed from my Ember lineup. The center conductor is a solid core UPOCC 20 gauge analog core, polished in house to a surface quality that is 120 nanometer scale, eliminating surface oxidation and aberrations caused by the wire drawing process. This proprietary technique yields a sonic performance that is second to none.

The analog core conductor is then housed in an Aerogel layer held in place by a teflon tube. Exterior to that, I utilized the exact same braided copper litz shielding array that I designed for Ember. Finally, the braided litz shield is bolstered by a non-metallic pearlescent Mylar exterior. This shield renders Aero RCA to be the quietest and most revealing design to date.

Options
Because I have developed a quicker method of nano-polishing, I have made it easy to apply this polish to any material and it makes no effect on the amount of time in on labor.

Aero RCA will come in two flavors:

Aero Copper RCA
Aero Copper RCA utilizes a nano-polished copper core and will come with KLE-I Absolute Harmony connectors standard. It will have a white pearl jacket.

Aero Silver RCA
Aero Silver RCA utilizes a nano-polished silver core and will come with set of ETI SilverLink pure silver pin connectors standard. It will have a black pearl jacket.

How does it sound?
I designed Aero RCA to replace my Quiescence line which is now discontinued. And to that ends, Aero RCA offers an incredible improvement to sound quality. However, what soon became apparent in my subjective testing is that Aero RCA BESTED Haiku RCA and XLR. And not by a small margin, Aero RCA offers a wide performance improvement over Haiku.

In fact- in my subjective testing I have found that even Aero Copper is more detailed and refined than Haiku. :o 

Aero Cu RCA has similar tonal balance to Ember, slightly warm and robust. That said, Aero Cu not only drastically surpasses Ember in accuracy and detail, it also surpasses Haiku RCA in these categories.

Aero Ag RCA can best be described as dead center neutral.  Incredibly detailed, very dimensional and astonishingly dynamic and also offers a substantial sound quality improvement over Haiku.

Either option is awesome. Some folks with solid state amps and want a bit of warmth should opt for Aero Cu RCA, those with a warm sounding tube system might opt for Aero Ag RCA. It is entirely feasible that you might benefit from mixing and matching. But if you want to know for sure….

Tour?
Yes… Tour. Sign up to reserve your spot. I am planning on doing one tour leg, but if demand is high enough I can be convinced to do a second leg. I am asking that all tour participants post their thoughts on Aero RCA here on AC. The tour will be tight, it will consist of the following:
1 pair of Aero Cu RCA 1 meter
1 pair of Aero Cu RCA 1.5 meter
1 pair of Aero Ag RCA 1 meter
1 pair of Aero Ag RCA 1.5 meter

Again, to sign up please click and fill out the form.

Pricing
As stated before, the new Nano-polishing technique means I’m able to drastically reduce my labor, but it also means that when purchasing either Aero Cu or Ag, the only difference you are paying for is the parts cost. This means there is no ‘silver premium’ anymore.

This pricing will be the introductory price and will no longer be available after the tour is complete. Pricing applies to tour members AND all AC members. I am able to build any orders for Aero Cu RCA immediately. Aero Ag RCA I have in limited supply and will be accepting preorders for anyone who purchases when my limited supply runs out.

1 meter Aero Cu RCA - $1099 (down from $1199)
1.5 meter Aero Cu RCA - $1499 (down from $1599)
2 meter Aero Cu RCA - $1899 (down from $1999)

1 meter Aero Ag RCA - $1399 (down from $1499)
1.5 meter Aero Ag RCA - $1849 (down from $1949)
2 meter Aero Cu RCA - $2099 (down from $2249)

I have already seeded quite a few cables to my beta testers. I encourage them to chime in and give their thoughts on the new cables. I look forward to any questions and/or comments you all might have. Thanks for tuning in.

Charles Xavier

Re: Introducing Aero RCA
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2024, 05:39 pm »
Signed up. Send them my way. Can't wait to compare to the Embers.

dflee

« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2024, 05:40 pm »
Patiently waiting.
And quite excited to hear them.

Don

BobRex

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2024, 06:43 pm »
I’m also on the Empirical test list.  Might be an interesting comparison.
Maybe it’s time to convince the boss that my current cables are
Ummm “broken”.  :roll:

MttBsh

« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2024, 09:42 pm »
I’m on vacation in Italy. Being on this latest Hapa tour will make coming home a bit less painful :?

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2024, 02:33 am »
I smashed my fingers so hard hitting that submit button. Jason, your cables never cease to impress, so I'm really looking forward to how these compare.

Nick B

« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2024, 06:13 am »
Looks good, Jason 👍👍  Would like to participate.

Pez

« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2024, 11:47 pm »
Tour is filling up VERY quick. We already have 9 participants. Let’s leave it open for a few more days, it might be that I need to make more sets for a second leg!
 :thumb:
I just sent this care package off to our first victim. I have not emailed any of the participants so don’t sweat it, I had a volunteer to try out the cables and break them in a bit prior to the rest of the tour.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2024, 12:40 am »
Tour??!  Did you say TOUR???

Ahem. I just returned home from Taiwan a few days ago, and haven’t even set up my audio system yet. If I say pretty please, could you squeeze me into your tour?  :popcorn:

P.S. You mentioned that someone has already heard these new cables. Was this unnamed person so impressed with your newest cables that he spontaneously placed an ad to sell his ’old’ Hapa Audio cables?