Hello to All

MosDeaf

Hello to All
« on: 25 Jan 2023, 05:36 pm »
Hello to everyone. I am new to the AudioCircle site and making my first post. I live in the United States, Florida to be exact. Basically I am interested and enjoy all things related to music. In my late 40's and pretty much a home body.
 Due to children and family life I took about a 15 year hiatus from hifi, soundbars had taken the place of car systems, home stereo's, and speakers. Over the last 2 years though I've found myself ditching the soundbars and trying out different pieces of gear while getting reacquainted with the music I love so much.
I joined this site in hopes of finding like minded people that can help me find my way back to what I lost over those 15 years or so. Thanks for letting me in...I wish you all a great 2023!

Phil A

Re: Hello to All
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2023, 08:04 pm »
Welcome to AC!

MosDeaf

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2023, 01:33 am »
Thank you!!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2023, 01:55 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
Please note the Fullrange Driver Circle:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=128.0
This is the Open Baffle Circle:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=90.0
This is the Tube Amps Circle>
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=144.0

Eminence Alpha15A + 4.7mH + Visaton B200:

Decware OB with the Lii Audio F15 driver:

If one have a woodworker is possible try the Lii Audio F15($399/Pair) 97dB/8Ω and benign impedance curve suited to OB or Bass Reflex box or the F18($540/pair), no Crossover, no Tweeter beaming, no Phase rotation, no driver sensitivity loss, no Harmonics loss, no Retail price.
http://www.glowinthedarkaudio.com/lii-audio-f18.html

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2023, 01:44 pm »
Welcome!  In the past 15 years digital has been taken over by CD quality streaming with separate Digital Analog Converters (DAC's).  And the up and coming loudspeakers are active (on the consumer front dominated by built-in DAC's and room correction along with wireless connections).  So your entire system can consist of a streamer, two active monitors, and three power cords.  Very simple and compact. 

MosDeaf

Only my 2nd post but have an Ultimate 70 question
« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2023, 05:54 am »
Good evening fellow hifi and music enthusiast. This is only my second post as I mostly just read a lot of what you seasoned hifi vets chat about. But today I have a question that I'm hoping someone can give me some insight on.

Earlier this year I purchased one of Frank's bare Ultimate 70 boards. Converted the even older Super 70i I picked up on the used market for a few hundred bucks. With Frank's PDF and parts list doing the build wasn't too hard. I think the amp is pretty wonderful. The low listening level dynamics and bass are pretty amazing for the cost of one of these. It's just a proper amplifier from head to toe. I like it so much I'm considering building another one..so here is my question.

After reading some very old threads I came across one from 2009 that Frank labeled a Free Ultimate 70 upgrade. Where you disconnect the 2 Red wires where the old can capacitor was as well as the single B+ wire. Then combine the 2 red output transformer wires and combine them then put them both in the B+ hole. Take the B+ wire and put it in one of the 2 holes that the red wires were. This was supposedly a great upgrade in sound. So my question is, with these new boards made in 2023 does that Free upgrade still work or has it been changed or corrected in these newer boards? I hope I am explaining this correctly.

Thank you for your time in reading over this and any insight is truly appreciated. Have a great night and Happy Holidays!!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2023, 06:07 am »
I will merge this topic with the previous you started.

MosDeaf

« Reply #7 on: 12 Dec 2023, 10:32 am »
  I'll figure this out at some point. Thank you for the links to different areas in your older post. I'll try to redirect my question in the appropriate area.