I introduce myself

Paolo Foggiato

• Money comes and goes. Years just go
I introduce myself
« on: 18 Jan 2023, 07:48 pm »
Hi,

I'm an 57 years old italian audiophile.

I've followed this game since the 1980 and I worked in this business during the High School period.

I've abandoned the hi fi for some years just after my marriage so I've sold my complete equipment holding jus try Lp's and Cd's collection.

Right now my kids are enough grown up to allow me to buy a complete system. Actually I' own a Garrard 401 with an Audio Note OTO integrated amplifier and a couple of Snell J III speakers.

I have to say that I alway watched to the large band speaker with extreme interest but I never hear one that hit my taste. In the last period I met some other music lovers that suggested me some good ways to do myself a speakers system using the Cabasse units (1975 !!!!).

I did it in a TQWT cabinet and I have been really surprised about the sound quality (I think it's the beginner lucky) but now I've bought two Tang Band W8-1772 and I'd like to improve my large band family .

Phil A

Re: I introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2023, 08:28 pm »
Welcome!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2023, 10:47 pm »
Welcome Paolo  :thumb:
Please note the Fullrange Driver Circle:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=128.0
This is the Open Baffle Circle:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=90.0
This is the Tube Amps Circle>
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=144.0

Eminence Alpha15A + 4.7mH + Visaton B200:

Decware OB with the Lii Audio F15 driver:

If one have a woodworker is possible try the Lii Audio F15($399/Pair) 97dB/8Ω and benign impedance curve suited to OB or Bass Reflex box or the F18($540/pair), no Crossover, no Tweeter beaming, no Phase rotation, no driver sensitivity loss, no Harmonics loss, no Retail price.
http://www.glowinthedarkaudio.com/lii-audio-f18.html

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2023, 10:53 pm »
Ciao & Welcome to AC Paolo   :thumb:

Paolo Foggiato

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2023, 12:20 pm »
Thanks gays !
Actually I’m desperately looking for a project by Bob Brines called MLTL 2000 that’s designed on the Tang Band 1772.
Unluckily Bob have retired and it’s impossible to get in contact with him to buy the project.
I’m of course available to pay for it even if I think that now Bob’s projects would be freewear!
If someone have it please tell me. I’m ready to pay for it even to a private person.
Actually I don’t know really well the MLTL speakers so I don’t know how to develop or arrange for it.
Thanks to everybody who could help me

richidoo

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2023, 04:37 pm »
After you have 3 posts then you can send me a personal message with your email address and I will send you the MTL2000 plans.

Paolo Foggiato

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2023, 05:32 pm »
I really thank you very much for it.
I'm anxoiusly waiting fot them as I've hear many nice feedbacks.

I wonder if you use an equalization cell or you use them pure....

Ive found an interesting cell for the Tang Band W8-1772 . I attach it. It's very simple, may be it could help you for an ugrading.

Bye
Paolo

Markwatkiss

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jan 2023, 01:33 pm »
Hi Paulo,
We’re guys not gays,at least I’m not😅

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2023, 10:03 pm »
Actually I’m desperately looking for a project by Bob Brines called MLTL 2000 that’s designed on the Tang Band 1772.

Seems you ar enot the only one. So Scott came up with something similar for those wanting to build a good ML-TL for W8-1772.

Bonnyville, some of the cosmetic bits of the plan still MIA but all th eimportant stuff id done. Email me if interested.

dave