X-Statik Meas

Genion2

X-Statik Meas
« on: 14 Nov 2022, 11:18 am »
Greetings to all HiFi enthusiasts from Georgia (Country)
My name is George, Im from Georgia and Im interested to build X-Statik speakers... Unfortunately, I have no opportunity to listen to this speakers on any Audio Show or somewhere else, so I have to build it blind...

my current setup:
Speakers - Lii Audio F15 open baffle (Decware ZF15M style)
Amp - Fischer X100 tube amp
DAC/Player - Gold Note DS 10

What I expect from new project - all the positive qualities of open baffle system, better top end, wider sweet spot and deeper bass, as my current speakers have...
I would like to find some good quality video demos and in room measurements, but can't. if you have, please show me the link.
It cost a lot of money for me to transport it to Georgia and also have to pay TAX, so would like to hear the opinions of users, who have experience with x-statk - how would you compare it to another speakers, like KEF lS50 METa, or maybe some 8" full range speakers... or maybe cube audio 10" full range speakers...

thank you
George

Danny Richie

Re: X-Statik Meas
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2022, 05:18 pm »
Speakers - Lii Audio F15 open baffle (Decware ZF15M style)

I've measured that driver. It was completely unusable above 2kHz. The customer then added our T26SG tweeter to it and I designed a crossover for it. It came out pretty well. It was also a sealed box design.

I would like to find some good quality video demos and in room measurements, but can't. if you have, please show me the link.

Video demo's don't turn out real well. The sound gets compressed when converting it to a YouTube file. Yu are also not really hearing the speakers. You are hearing a complete system in a room, and no room and system are alike. Plus you then hear it played back on another completely different system. So you hear a poor copy of a copy of a system that is not relevant to how the speakers really perform. So you can't really get any impression of the speaker itself that way.

In room measurements are also a waste of time for the same reason.

We do however post the measurements of the actual speakers, and they measure great in every way.

how would you compare it to another speakers, like KEF lS50 METa

We have had some of those in house. Every speaker kit we offer is in a higher class of performance.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2022, 05:49 pm »
I have the X Static speakers.  My friend had a pair of the KEF 50.  He brought them over for comparison.. and there really was none.  I still have the X Statics, but he moved on from the KEF. 

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2022, 02:02 am »
I heard them at a house demo in an unfinished basement and they blew me away!  I had to get them and eventually did get them.  I still have them and if I can help it I’ll never get rid of them!  They are fantastic speakers for under $2K.

ddobanion

« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2022, 02:37 am »
I have the X-Statiks in a smallish room and they sing beautifully with my 9 watt tube amp!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2022, 03:19 am »
I have the X Static speakers.  My friend had a pair of the KEF 50.  He brought them over for comparison.. and there really was none.  I still have the X Statics, but he moved on from the KEF.

My and a buddy compared my X-Statiks against a pair of $13,000 Gershman Acoustics speakers, and that is the closest I've heard a retail speaker come close to them. They had more in common than they did different.

The main difference i remember was in the position of the soundstage. The X-Statics were the center of the soundstage, with equal space in front and behind the speaker with the Gershman speakers playing largely from the baffles-forward.

I have the X-Statiks in a smallish room and they sing beautifully with my 9 watt tube amp!
My X-Statiks absolutely lovd tube amps, both 8W 300B & 60W KT120 monoblocks were a dreamy combo.

Genion2

Re: X-Statik
« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2022, 12:29 pm »
Thank you all for your prompt response, very appreciate it (Specially Mr. Danny Richie  :) I saw so many videos of you, respect!!)

I know, its impossible to rate the speakers over youtube videos, but with my headphones I can get at least an idea, how does they sound... specially, with good recordings I notice very well, does it sound like recorded from "boxy speakers", or like "live recording" or like "audio playback"....

In my current situation, the speakers should suit at the same time my wife's design ideas, the place (maximum 40 cm wide) and also sound as good , as possible at given budget...  the Idea of X-Statik (open baffle hybrid with sealed woofers) seems very good for me, also the design and width suits to the room... so, I think I will try them and hope, they are as good, as described in this form,... anyway, will share my opinion here...

Here is the room, where the speakers will stay - around 40 m2, open on one side and window on another side... around 175-180 cm between the speakers and around 3.5 m to the sofa... I will use them sometimes for Tv/Movies too... do you think, its ok for this kind of installation?

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #7 on: 15 Nov 2022, 03:45 pm »
They definitely don’t sound like typical box speakers.  They have a big, airy sound.  Just remember, the more space away from walls that you give them, the bigger and better they will sound.  Ideally you want at least a meter behind them.  (Measured to the front baffle)  It also helps to put some diffusion panels on the wall behind them.

Mallard1

« Reply #8 on: 8 Dec 2022, 06:19 pm »
I have had my X-Statik speakers for about a year and half. I love them! I play them on a Class A 45watts per channel amps and they sing. The build process was a lot of fun and I also learned a lbunch about things that I hadn't tried before. Highly recommend them!