Line Force?

NoahH

Re: Line Force?
« Reply #200 on: 3 Feb 2023, 03:50 am »
As someone who once argued that Danny should listen to some of the newer DSP versions and then discovered how badly my DSP device was harming the sound, I will once more apologize to Danny for having doubted him on that front.  ;)

david45

« Reply #201 on: 3 Feb 2023, 04:20 am »
In my case, I just try to keep an open mind as much as I can. I don’t doubt HAL has a great product (as well as a few others) and it’s only going to get better. Old school vs new school? I’d say both approaches have their merits.  :)

Montreal_Jazz

« Reply #202 on: 6 Apr 2023, 03:44 pm »
Any development on the Line force? I kinda saw very quickly, in a video where Jay Iyagi visiting, a prototype of the new line force. Radian transducers? I'm pretty anxious to press the buy button and start building it! I have I bought the Italian walnut burl veneer already!  :D  Keep me posted! Cheers and thanks in advance.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #203 on: 6 Apr 2023, 03:54 pm »
Any development on the Line force? I kinda saw very quickly, in a video where Jay Iyagi visiting, a prototype of the new line force. Radian transducers? I'm pretty anxious to press the buy button and start building it! I have I bought the Italian walnut burl veneer already!  :D  Keep me posted! Cheers and thanks in advance.
That's not a prototype, or a new model.
That's a line force being used for a customer that will be using the GRS 10" mids, they aren't nearly as well behaved as the old BG units.

The line force is pretty much stuck on the back burner for now, we may pursue a new version in the future using the Radian drivers, but the cabinet will need to be redesigned to fit those drivers, as well as custom drivers, to keep the impedance load balanced.

We've got other projects we need to work on first, especially considering how expensive these will end up being, and will require a lot of development costs.