No-rez cutting tool

kickngas

Re: No-rez cutting tool
« Reply #20 on: 21 Nov 2022, 02:54 pm »
For those using a table saw, what blade do you recommend?  I was thinking a 180+ tooth plywood blade?

oskar

« Reply #21 on: 21 Nov 2022, 03:05 pm »
180 tooth blade? I didn't know there such a blade.
My best cross cut blade is 90t. Freud.
You don't need to consider the tooth count. A sharp 40 tooth will do fine.

JWCoffman

« Reply #22 on: 22 Nov 2022, 04:58 pm »
Don't invest a lot of money in a blade for this purpose.  A basic 90t will cut pretty clean and I have a feeling that this material will dull the blade quicker than most.

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 22 Nov 2022, 09:46 pm »
There is not much to cutting this stuff on a table saw. Any blade you use will slice through it like butter.

Zurek

« Reply #24 on: 24 Nov 2022, 02:09 am »
Be careful using the table saw. It won’t only slice through no-rez like butter. :wink:

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #25 on: 25 Nov 2022, 08:38 pm »
Yikes! I got my hand in saw once a long time ago and gained a big respect for machines.

Been queried many times about NoRez cutting. It's really frustrating for some. I've been meaning to experiment with this and finally got some longer saber saw blades to give it whirl. Was kinda awkward flopping off edge of my table, but backing with foam gave a stable platform and a place for blade to plunge freely. May work for some and saber saw blades are less expensive than bandsaw blades.

Placer

« Reply #26 on: 24 Dec 2022, 07:11 pm »
In looking at the No-Rez cutting post's I see what other's are using and some of their pitfalls. Here is a hand tool that works well. It uses any hacksaw or electric saw blade (of similar size).You pick which blade works for you (fine to course). It offers excellent control at "human speed" thus saving your fingers. You will be able to cut intricate shapes. Here is a link to a Stanley brand sold at Home Depot (as an example of one place to get it), https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-4-5-in-Tooth-Saw-with-Plastic-Handle-20-220/100654917. See attached picture of the Tooth saw.
All the best to all. 

NoahH

« Reply #27 on: 25 Dec 2022, 03:10 am »
I started this thread and realize I should probably share where I ended up.

I used a SawStop table saw. The material did not cause any conductivity issues for the safety mechanism, and I had no issues with any gunk or anything from the material itself in the table saw. It worked great.

Biggest note I have is that I built a carriage and jig since I was doing 96 pieces for my subwoofers, and cannot recommend that enough. Every piece is exact to within 1/16th, and it makes it visually better and there is no peeling away from the sides since all the pieces are perfectly flush against each other.