Recommended TT and Tonearm

TABARD

• TemaadAudio
Re: Recommended TT and Tonearm
« Reply #20 on: 1 Nov 2022, 04:53 am »
Hi, You will go a long way to surpass the S/Q of the famous SP10 mkIII, Merlin 12'' arm & then take you pick of carts from Koetsu, Benz, Accurphase The Merlin arm will handle them all with aplomb.

twitch54

« Reply #21 on: 8 Nov 2022, 01:43 pm »
Hi, You will go a long way to surpass the S/Q of the famous SP10 mkIII, Merlin 12'' arm & then take you pick of carts from Koetsu, Benz, Accurphase The Merlin arm will handle them all with aplomb.

:thumb:  agreed !

mkane

« Reply #22 on: 10 Nov 2022, 03:36 pm »
Sota,unless you like the spaceship look

Rocket

« Reply #23 on: 13 Nov 2022, 02:08 am »
Hi,

Have you thought about a high end vintage Yamaha gt2000 turntable and have it serviced and setup? Its much cheaper than your budget and it is such fine turntable. I've heard one but I haven't been able to afford one for my system.

https://reverb.com/au/item/3174342-yamaha-gt-2000-vintage-lp-turntable-in-near-mint-condition-with-original-box

https://liquidaudio.com.au/yamaha-gt-2000-turntable-major-service-cartridge-install/

Best of luck.

Regards Rod
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2022, 11:29 am by Rocket »

SET Man

« Reply #24 on: 13 Nov 2022, 02:43 am »
Sota,unless you like the spaceship look

Hey!

For awhile I thought that Sota was gone until I saw it at 2019 audio show. And the look of their turntable have change a bit. Still have that classic wooden look and definitely not a spaceship look for sure.

Talk about "spaceship look" Personally I'm not fan of that look but my current turntable probably fall into that camp. Actually the first time I saw it, it reminded me of Star War, it look like a turntable that Dart Vader would own :lol: But after I heard it play, I was taken by the way it reproducing the sound. So, I bought it! I still feel that is a Dart Vader's turntable every time I look at it but after I dropped the needle and the music start to play I forget and really didn't care about it.

Well, after all I buy it for the sound right?

toocool4

« Reply #25 on: 13 Nov 2022, 02:47 am »
Why are you guys wasting your time on this thread? The OP obviously already checked out since his one and only post nearly a year ago.

SET Man

« Reply #26 on: 13 Nov 2022, 02:53 am »
Why are you guys wasting your time on this thread? The OP obviously already checked out since his one and only post nearly a year ago.

Hey!

No, I don't find that I'm wasting my time since I found that comment about Sota turntable interesting. Even the OP is no longer around I don't see why we can respond to each others still. Others might find the conversation interesting or piqued others with similar question like the OP's.

Rocket

« Reply #27 on: 13 Nov 2022, 11:31 am »
Hi,

Oh sorry just saw that it was an old thread.

Cheers Rod