Which cartridge for Rega P25?

BMWk75

Which cartridge for Rega P25?
« on: 21 Aug 2022, 05:12 pm »
I have to choose between two cartridges.
I have 2 Rega P25's. One has a Exact II no problem.
The other has no cartridge. I have a new Grace 9e still sealed. Was given to me on a previous TT purchase 6 years ago.
I would love to have a Rega  Ania Pro cart. Using a Sutherland 20/20 and Juicy Music Tercel (MM only).
Should I keep the Grace or sell it and buy the Ania Pro?
Have not heard either, just read reviews on each.  Thanks for your opinion.

toocool4

Re: Which cartridge for Rega P25?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2022, 10:17 pm »
Since you have the Grace already, why don’t you just try it and let your ears be the judge?

BMWk75

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2022, 12:58 am »
I was thinking the unopened Grace would bring more toward the purchase if there is a huge difference between the two.
You are probably correct though. Thanks

toocool4

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2022, 01:44 pm »
You’ve not heard the Ania Pro or the Grace 9e, so how do you know spending more money on the Ania Pro will be an improvement? There is no substitute for first-hand experience, reviews don’t tell you much apart from someone else’s preference based on the equipment they used at the time to evaluate.
I mean if you fancy the Ania Pro and the Grace 9e does not appeal to you, then I guess don’t open sell it for a bit more money.

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
Get a Denon dl103
« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2022, 11:18 pm »
You won’t regret it, Very musical, effortless, huge organized soundstage. And only $349.00

/mp

« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2022, 01:35 pm »
I have to choose between two cartridges.
I have 2 Rega P25's. One has a Exact II no problem.
The other has no cartridge. I have a new Grace 9e still sealed.

Get a Denon DL103

I'll chirp in my granny smith to winesap experience FWIW. I still have my c.'78 Rega planar 2. It's been in bubble wrap since a replaced it with a Well Tempered Turntable & Tonearm c.'90. My cartridge progression on the Rega was a cheap Audio Technica (unknown model), cheap F & G series Grados, Grace F9E, Denon DL103D. I enjoyed all of them; however, each was a step up by audiophile standards over the cartridge it replaced. I used the Denon on both TTs before replacing it with a Van den Hul MC1 special. The biggest jumps in sound quality were going to the Well Tempered & VdH as well they should as they were the biggest price jumps.

I still have almost all of my old carts. The stylus on the F9E & 103D are worn to the nub. I'll send them to Soundsmith one of these years.

Hope this helps. As always, YMMV.