Voxativ Full Range Drivers

craigdnorris

• "It is what it is"
Voxativ Full Range Drivers
« on: 1 Sep 2021, 03:40 pm »
Does anyone have experience using Voxativ full range drivers as an alternative in any of the DIY speakers? I have a pair of Voxativ AC-1.6 drivers that are full range and I am trying to decide what to do with them. They came in my Pure Audio Project Quintet10 speakers, but I replaced them with the Horn2 driver that I prefer - a bit more forward with some additional punch over the Voxatives. The new price on these drivers is now $2495 per pair.

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
Re: Voxativ Full Range Drivers
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2021, 06:24 pm »
Voxativ have made it difficult to design diy boxes for these. Scott and i got boxes for AC-X and 1.6 before they started not giving out T/S specifications.

The AC1.6 box is a rectangular monster miniOnken.

dave

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2021, 06:42 pm »
Does anyone have experience using Voxativ full range drivers as an alternative in any of the DIY speakers? I have a pair of Voxativ AC-1.6 drivers that are full range and I am trying to decide what to do with them. They came in my Pure Audio Project Quintet10 speakers, but I replaced them with the Horn2 driver that I prefer - a bit more forward with some additional punch over the Voxatives. The new price on these drivers is now $2495 per pair.
Unfortunately this German brand drivers are not an alternative to DIY projects due its hi price compared to Lii Audio, Mark Audio, Visaton, TangBang etc.

SET Man

« Reply #3 on: 1 Sep 2021, 11:53 pm »
Unfortunately this German brand drivers are not an alternative to DIY projects due its hi price compared to Lii Audio, Mark Audio, Visaton, TangBang etc.

Hey!

That depend on whom you ask. Expensive to you and me but could be reasonable to some.

Buddy

SET Man

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2021, 12:00 am »
Voxativ have made it difficult to design diy boxes for these. Scott and i got boxes for AC-X and 1.6 before they started not giving out T/S specifications.

The AC1.6 box is a rectangular monster miniOnken.

dave

Hey!

That's doesn't make any sense isn't it? If they are selling raw driver, why won't they supply spec for buyer to make the best out of their drivers? Weird.

Anyway, I've heard their speakers a few times at audio shows and they sound very good. Wish I could afford them. Oh! Well, back to listening to my 6" Fostex  :roll:

Buddy

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2021, 12:07 am »
Hey!

That depend on whom you ask. Expensive to you and me but could be reasonable to some.

Buddy
Certainly. I mean say expensive comparing to the Lii drivers or the Visaton B200. When Loius sells his Omega Hemp drivers they also were affordable, around $170 each if I remember well.

rodge827

« Reply #6 on: 3 Sep 2021, 01:31 am »
Contact Brian at Charney Audio. He uses Voxativ drivers in his speakers and makes a great cabinet. Depending on your budget and room size he might be able to reasonably set you up. Voxativ drivers are exceptional and need to be placed in a proper cabinet to flourish. Charney has found a way to do that.

http://charneyaudio.com/

Kw6

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2024, 09:57 am »
Rodge do you have close up shot of the kind of input cup Brian uses in his designs? Thanks!

Randy

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2024, 07:46 pm »
https://pureaudioproject.com/duet15-prelude-open-baffle-speakers/

Voxativ as implemented is Pure Audio Project speakers.  Clean, clear, and totally uncolored. After having these for a couple of years, most other speakers sound dull and muddy to me.

Kw6

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jan 2024, 12:18 am »
https://pureaudioproject.com/duet15-prelude-open-baffle-speakers/

Voxativ as implemented is Pure Audio Project speakers.  Clean, clear, and totally uncolored. After having these for a couple of years, most other speakers sound dull and muddy to me.

To the best of your recollection which is a more musical speaker Duet 15 Prelude or Maestro X. I only use 300b integrated now!

Thanks!