Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade
« Reply #280 on: 13 Mar 2021, 10:10 am »
Heres a quick sketch of the drivers wired in series, hopefully this explains things better  :thumb:

Cblan1224

« Reply #281 on: 13 Mar 2021, 01:23 pm »
Heres a quick sketch of the drivers wired in series, hopefully this explains things better  :thumb:

Thank you! Alright. Now I understand where the + to - happens. Your post when you mentioned the negative going to the positive..it makes perfect sense now. You were describing it starting at the woofer, and I was interpreting it as starting from the xo, hence the confusion.
I am grateful, and if you're ever in south Florida, drinks are on me

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #282 on: 13 Mar 2021, 02:10 pm »
I'd be down for that.  :beer:
Plus you're only about a 3 hours drive south of me here in Noth Orlando. :P

But feel free to hit me up if you have any more questions!  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #283 on: 13 Mar 2021, 02:25 pm »
I think it would just be...if the resistor in the pic is the negative(for both woofers), and inductor will just be positive to outer woofer.
What you said about the negative going to the positive confused me a bit. If the negatives are shared, the positive will just go to the woofer and that'll be the end of it. No need to connected the shared grounds to the positive on the inductor, or am I wrong?
Sorry for all the messages, I just wanted that clarification. Otherwise, I'm ready for installation.
Thanks

Email me a picture or drawing of what you're asking and I'll answer your questions about them.

Cblan1224

« Reply #284 on: 13 Mar 2021, 05:18 pm »
Email me a picture or drawing of what you're asking and I'll answer your questions about them.
I believe I'm all set Danny. My xo is wired the same exact way as the picture shared 7-8 posts ago, which was user Homer2's build of the same upgrade.
I just needed to do some research on wiring woofers in series, as your diagram states. Now I understand. You can disregard that question, as it was only asked because I misunderstood a statement made previously. He was telling me to "daisy chain" the woofers, + to -, and I got confused because I thought he was still talking about the crossover board. No worries. All set. Thank you!

Cblan1224

« Reply #285 on: 14 Mar 2021, 12:51 am »
I'd be down for that.  :beer:
Plus you're only about a 3 hours drive south of me here in Noth Orlando. :P

But feel free to hit me up if you have any more questions!  :thumb:
I just wanted to know if there was a problem with the inductor on the left. Also, according to what you said, and your diagram..the woofers should be wired like this, correct? There are 4 woofers. I=Inner O=Outer

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #286 on: 14 Mar 2021, 01:16 am »
No, the output of the crossover only connects to the positive terminal of the inner woofers only. The negative terminal of the outter woofer then connects to the negative crossover.

I'm out for a whiskey festival right now, but ill be leaving here in a lil bit, & Ill sketch something up for you soon as I'm home.

Cblan1224

« Reply #287 on: 14 Mar 2021, 01:27 am »
Whiskey festival. Damn! I heard Tampa has concerts going. Down here, unfortunately, they are not so conservative.

I reread your post and i think I get what you're saying, but the diagram would help clarify. I appreciate you. I'm hoping to finish up tomorrow

So it looks like I mightve had everything right besides...the outer + terminal only gets connected to the inner -, and not also the XO +. Makes sense. I guess I'll find out when you get back to me. Have fun man. Thanks again

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #288 on: 14 Mar 2021, 03:17 am »
I went to check Uber prices, cuz alcohol, but I aint paying $80 for a ride home...  :roll:

Gunna have some food in the meantime and get a ride home once the price drops.. :lol:

Cblan1224

« Reply #289 on: 14 Mar 2021, 03:23 am »
Good idea. $80, yikes, that should get you to the keys!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #290 on: 14 Mar 2021, 05:01 am »
Finally home!
Here’s a quick diagram to show how the woofers should be wired.  :thumb:

Hopefully that clears everything up!

Disregard. I was missing some details.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2021, 06:17 am by Hobbsmeerkat »

Cblan1224

« Reply #291 on: 14 Mar 2021, 05:26 am »

Ok so this should be right then. Confirm if you can. Also, let me know if that inductor is OK on the left from the picture a few posts ago
Thanks

Edit: In return, disregard this as well
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2021, 04:08 pm by Cblan1224 »

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #292 on: 14 Mar 2021, 04:34 pm »
Okay, now that I've been given more info, here is a correct diagram for how to connect the woofers in the 504C.

Cblan1224

« Reply #293 on: 14 Mar 2021, 04:40 pm »
Thanks for sharing this to the forum. I was getting ready to ask you to do so in case anyone is wondering the same thing in the future.
You have saved me a lot of time with this.

Cblan1224

« Reply #294 on: 15 Mar 2021, 02:11 am »

How the heck do these things go back on!? Sheesh. This took a while.
Danny, the 504c kit is 4-5 feet short on wire. Is what it is. Used wire I had around the house.. I've seen this mentioned from others who have built this too. I've gotta get this done and get home!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #295 on: 15 Mar 2021, 02:21 am »
If you're short on wire its probably best to use the alternative wire for the outer woofers since it's least the least sensitive to wire quality, but at least you're just about finished!  :thumb:

Cblan1224

« Reply #296 on: 15 Mar 2021, 02:26 am »
Right. I thought of that. I ended up using the other wire for the + to - jumpers. I just had to. And I had to extend one of my negatives a bit, and use a red wire as one of my negatives coming from the binding post.  I honestly have no freaking clue how to put those caps back on

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #297 on: 15 Mar 2021, 02:31 am »
Okay good, good.

I wonder if its one of those things were you just gotta get the pegs ligned up and kinda gently bang them back into place?
Or in the woofer has a specific orientation that it needs to match for them to fit?

Cblan1224

« Reply #298 on: 15 Mar 2021, 03:02 am »
Woofer was upside down. Has to be in one specific place for it to work.
Alright. Man...I really hope this thing works when I get home lol I didnnot test it

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #299 on: 15 Mar 2021, 03:12 am »
Ahh. At least you got it figured out!

There's only one way to find out, but now that we got the wiring figured out, im sure itll all work out!  :thumb:

Cap upgrades do need a few hours to break in & sound their best. Usually about 24-48 hours for Sonicaps. So if you dont need it right away, stick it somewhere isolated and let it play for a day or two if you can.