North East Ohio

Speedskater

• Kevin
Re: North East Ohio
« Reply #180 on: 30 Jun 2015, 12:26 am »
So Ray what have you been up to?
For me, the ice speedskating season is long past and it's often too wet to inline in the park.
But we have been able to sneak some sailboat racing in between the storms.

raysracing

« Reply #181 on: 30 Jun 2015, 12:58 am »

Well after breaking my srm in JAnuary i finally tried double pole workouts.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #182 on: 30 Jun 2015, 01:18 am »
Straight downhill like that, it looks easy.

milpai

• My Dedicated Audio Room
« Reply #183 on: 28 Sep 2015, 02:09 am »
Anyone visiting Paragon Site and sound visiting Cleveland in October?
I have registered for Saturday. It is free.

http://www.paragonsns.com/two-channel-audio/cleveland-fine-audio-show/?nsdk=adeea2d967f31780bfa7b97169e21a7c&gclid=CLCsgJ2MmMgCFQUIaQodDWMO3g

maxboy00

« Reply #184 on: 28 Sep 2015, 11:44 am »
Anyone visiting Paragon Site and sound visiting Cleveland in October?
I have registered for Saturday. It is free.

http://www.paragonsns.com/two-channel-audio/cleveland-fine-audio-show/?nsdk=adeea2d967f31780bfa7b97169e21a7c&gclid=CLCsgJ2MmMgCFQUIaQodDWMO3g

Much thanks for the info, registered....see you than!

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #185 on: 28 Sep 2015, 12:40 pm »
I just signed up too.
Maybe Saturday afternoon after speedskating.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #186 on: 10 Oct 2015, 09:03 pm »
So I went down into the Flats on my way home from speedskating practice. But being a beautiful October afternoon there were people everywhere and the only parking was $10, so I never made it to the show.  Last Saturday I drove by just to reconnoiter, it was cold and raining  with lots of available parking.
Did anybody make it to the show?
Any thoughts as to just why they chose that location?

milpai

• My Dedicated Audio Room
« Reply #187 on: 11 Oct 2015, 05:34 am »
I took my son (10 year) along for a listen.
There were 3 room:
CD room with expensive DanAgostino amps, dCS and Wilson speakers (some $52K) -most expensive room
Streaming room with Wilson Sabrina, Dan, dCS -least expensive room
Vinyl room with Wilson (some $25k) and Audio Research amps

My son liked the Vinyl room, and so did I, despite not being the vinyl guy. It sounded musical.
And I don't think it was the vinyl that influenced my decision. It was the musical choice and the AR gear (again, I am not a tube guy).

I had not listened to the Wilsons before and I was impressed by the loudspeakers. I was told that these speakers were not as warm as my own Quad 21L or the Sonus Faber. Wish I had the dough.

Forgot to mention - we parked in the $4 all day parking just 1 block away :-)

maxboy00

« Reply #188 on: 11 Oct 2015, 10:15 pm »
I went on Friday, first time I was able to listen to Wilson speakers, enjoyed the Sasha's in the Vinyl room the best.

I too liked the Agostino amps, very well designed and very sharp looking gear,  but I have to rule out getting their new
$50,000 streamer...

raysracing

« Reply #189 on: 7 Mar 2016, 11:37 pm »
 Long time no chat everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. I have sorted out some problems in my system but nothing really new has been added. But I am testing the Roon software which I am really liking. If anyone would like to come over and hear the system with this  software just let me know.

Jonathan

« Reply #190 on: 8 Mar 2016, 01:37 pm »
Hi Ray. Interested to hear more about the Roon software. Big changes on this end: I bought a pair of Maggie 1.7s. They sound great. You're certainly welcome to come by any time for a listen. (The same goes for you other guys.)  I'm now trying to sell my Thiel 3.6s locally, so if anyone is interested or knows someone who might be, let me know.

Jon

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #191 on: 8 Mar 2016, 01:40 pm »
Voices from the past.

Jaketh

« Reply #192 on: 3 Apr 2016, 04:23 am »
Hi from Bath, OH
good to see some local audio folks

bbaxter

« Reply #193 on: 23 Apr 2016, 08:53 pm »
Hey Jon, would love to come over to hear your new Maggies!  Maybe a group get-together if you're up for it?

Jonathan

« Reply #194 on: 17 May 2016, 08:20 pm »
Hi, Bill. Sorry that I seem not to have received notification of your prior message. Yes, by all means, you should come by and have a listen. With the changes I've made lately, including selling off my preamp and buying a used PS Audio PerfectWave DAC II, the system has never sounded better (actually it's easily the best sounding system I have owned). I am going to have the place to myself for a week around Memorial Day--perhaps we can get together then, along with anyone else from the group who may want to come. Send me a private message or better yet, email me at buzz1257@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Jon

Jonathan

« Reply #195 on: 17 May 2016, 08:28 pm »
I am testing the Roon software which I am really liking. If anyone would like to come over and hear the system with this  software just let me know.

Me too, Ray. It's pretty great, especially tied in to Tidal, so I can pretty much listen to anything any time. Not quite ready to take the lifetime plunge, but I did sign up for a year. The only real problem for me is that neither my iPhone nor iPad are compatible because they're old. That means I have to use my laptop as a remote control device. Not exactly ideal. Oh well, it's almost time for a new phone anyway.

Jonathan

« Reply #196 on: 26 May 2016, 11:57 am »
Just reaching out one last time about a possible get-together at my place in Shaker Heights some time this weekend. I'm pretty flexible, time wise, except for during potential Cavaliers game times on Friday and (hopefully not) Sunday. Feel free to text at 440- nine, three, five- 4124 with your interest/availability.  Just an FYI that if you want to bring over a line-level source of any kind, I no longer have a preamp, so you'd have to bring one.  I do have a homemade input selector with a volume pot, but that's it. Thanks, guys.

Jon 

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #197 on: 26 May 2016, 03:30 pm »
But this will be the first weekend of real summer weather. It's time to be outdoors, doing things.

bbaxter

« Reply #198 on: 21 Jul 2016, 01:09 am »
Darn it, I missed all this, Jonathan!  Wanna give it another try?  Maybe a rainy Saturday?

Jonathan

« Reply #199 on: 21 Jul 2016, 04:16 pm »
Darn it, I missed all this, Jonathan!  Wanna give it another try?  Maybe a rainy Saturday?
No worries, Bill--everyone else missed it, too.  :?  I'm happy to have you over any time (rain or shine). Just send me a PM with a bit of notice.