VMPS Tower 11/Super Tower

TheAudiohead

VMPS Tower 11/Super Tower
« on: 11 Jul 2020, 11:27 am »
Hi everyone

I am new to the VMPS world but just acquired a really nice pair of Tower 11/Super Tower's and the drivers all look immaculate and the cabinets are in very good condition.

With that being said I hooked them up and neither pair's tweeters are working. The mids and low woofers sound phenomenal but I can only imagine what they can sound like with all drivers operating the way they should.

Do these have fuses internally? Are all the tweeters wired in series(meaning if one is blown none of them will operate)??

Any advice will be highly appreciated!

ZAKski288

Re: VMPS Tower 11/Super Tower
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2020, 04:09 pm »
Hello TheAudioHead, welcome to Audio Circles. First I would check the Tweeter L-Pad, turn the L-Pad back and forth twenty times, it should be smooth. I would move all the L-Pads back and forth. Hopefully that does it, if not report back. Ken

duck851

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2020, 02:33 pm »
Also, depending on exactly which model you have, see if there are two sets of binding posts with a toggle switch between them - if you aren’t bi-wiring or bi-amping, try flipping the switch.

ST86

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2020, 03:14 am »
Welcome to the world of VMPS.   

First, which model do you have, Tower ii or Supertower?  Pictures would help.

I agree with duck851.  Sounds to me like the toggle switch is set for "bi-amp" and only the woofers and mids are connected. Both models would behave the same way if toggle switch is set to "bi-amp". If that is the case changing the position of the switch should fix the problem and have all drivers working. 

Spraying all L-Pads with DeOxit and rotating back and fourth 20 or 30 times as described would also be a very good idea.

Regards,
Ed

Steve Vol

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2020, 10:01 pm »
Hello, would you be willing to tell how much you gave for them?  I have a pair of Super Towers for sale.

Thanks