Is a “BLUWAVS CD” a CD-R?

Saturn94

Is a “BLUWAVS CD” a CD-R?
« on: 14 Sep 2019, 01:57 pm »
When shopping for a particular CD on Amazon, The product description said it’s a “NEW Combo BLUWAVS CD and FLAC FILE”.

Anyone know if it’s a “real” CD, or a CD-R burned on demand?

I looked up BLUWAVS CD and found it’s a place to download CD quality FLAC files or order a physical disc, but was unable to determine if the physical disc is a CD-R or a CD.

I prefer having a real CD for my “archive copy” since in my experience they last far longer than a CD-R. Several of my older CD-Rs bit the dust while my CDs dating back to 1982 are still like new.

Phil A

MttBsh

Re: Is a “BLUWAVS CD” a CD-R?
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2019, 04:28 pm »
Those of us who copy CDs to our servers haven't a lot of use for physical media (CDs or CDRs), maybe for our cars . So far, downloads off the web have been mostly MP3s from people like Amazon or hi res files from sites like HD tracks. Having a site that offers a wide variety of CD quality FLACs would be great. In a few minutes of searching BLUWAVS online I was unable to find any indication of a site that looks ready for primetime.

Saturn94

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2019, 06:43 pm »
Don't know if this helps - https://www.mixonline.com/the-wire/mozaex-launches-bluwavs-cd-quality-download-streaming-store-417428

Thanks for the link.  I did come across that in my search.  The link in the article for accessing the download/purchase site is dead.  I was wonder if it never made it off the ground or just wasn’t successful enough to continue?

The CD (CD-R?) I was looking at on Amazon is pretty cheap, so I think I’ll go ahead and order it and see what I get.

Saturn94

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2019, 06:45 pm »
Those of us who copy CDs to our servers haven't a lot of use for physical media (CDs or CDRs), maybe for our cars . So far, downloads off the web have been mostly MP3s from people like Amazon or hi res files from sites like HD tracks. Having a site that offers a wide variety of CD quality FLACs would be great. In a few minutes of searching BLUWAVS online I was unable to find any indication of a site that looks ready for primetime.

Yeah, I rip everything to my music server, but still like to have a physical copy.  :thumb:

Saturn94

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2019, 01:05 am »
The CD arrived today and it appears to be a normal CD, not a CD-R.  At least the CD-Rs I’ve seen look different, so I’m assuming this one isn’t a CD-R.

Anyway to tell for sure?