A customer in Wyandotte, MI could use some help.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Re: A customer in Wyandotte, MI could use some help.
« Reply #20 on: 6 Sep 2018, 05:19 am »
I assume they are the 8 ohm since they are the woofers that came with the kit.

I can push them to max for sure in my room but it has to be very loud to do it and only when it is deep bass.

Captainhemo

« Reply #21 on: 6 Sep 2018, 06:02 am »
I  think all the original SV kits  Danny sold would have had the SW12 16Fr's.   When your run them   in parallel, you end up with a 8 ohm load (actually  a bit less  due to the fact they are not the full 16 ohms).

Not sure  where you  got the kit but if it  is  a kit that  was pieced together (not purchased  as a complete kit from  Danny),  possibly  you  ended up with  the   8 ohm version.  If that's the case,  then your   amps  are  seeing  slightly less than a  4 ohm load so they'd be outputing signifigantly more power allowing the   woofers to bottom at very high  levels
jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 6 Sep 2018, 02:22 pm »
Pulling the extension filter back or setting the damping to a higher setting will limit that from happening as well.

The 14Hz extension and low damping can push them pretty hard sometimes.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #23 on: 6 Sep 2018, 09:55 pm »
I  think all the original SV kits  Danny sold would have had the SW12 16Fr's.   When your run them   in parallel, you end up with a 8 ohm load (actually  a bit less  due to the fact they are not the full 16 ohms).

Not sure  where you  got the kit but if it  is  a kit that  was pieced together (not purchased  as a complete kit from  Danny),  possibly  you  ended up with  the   8 ohm version.  If that's the case,  then your   amps  are  seeing  slightly less than a  4 ohm load so they'd be outputing signifigantly more power allowing the   woofers to bottom at very high  levels
jay

This is an original kit from Danny and was complete with all the upgraded parts. I didn't know what speakers it came with so it must be the 16 ohm version.

My point is they do bottom out when the conditions are what I posted earlier, it is rare to ever have an issue though.

Greg

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 14 Sep 2018, 04:55 pm »
My customer is not having good luck with taking measurements. The measurements show that either the subs aren't playing near loud enough or the mic really isn't measuring well below 200Hz.

Can I get one of you guys in his area to pay him a visit and give his system a listen?

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 20 Sep 2018, 03:56 pm »
Can one of you guys drop by and give his system a listen for me?

Sandbagger?

sandbagger

« Reply #26 on: 20 Sep 2018, 04:22 pm »
Can one of you guys drop by and give his system a listen for me?

Sandbagger?

Danny
Just saw this as Rich just sent me a msg
Its been a while since I have fired up the software since I reloaded my laptop.   I will get that straightened out and set something up to go see what is going on

Kevin

Danny Richie

« Reply #27 on: 20 Sep 2018, 04:48 pm »
Thanks Kevin,

Even if you could drop by for a listen and get me some feedback as to what's going on that would be great.  And some measurements would be really great.

tasar

« Reply #28 on: 20 Sep 2018, 06:04 pm »
Do a visual operational check on the woofer cones. Very early on, one of my servos had a circuit failure, I suspect in the feedback. The cones were visibly dancing erratically with only a murmur of sound. Losing one side, even thou basically mono below 200hz, would be profound. Brian was kind enough to remedy, though I never quizzed him. I’ve come to enjoy my investment in the Vs, the servo line feed marrys well from preamp filter, to any “sidekick” speaker. It’s a great play on FR and illuminates room responses quite well.