Sensation with Rhythm Prism Speakers

Parkfly

Sensation with Rhythm Prism Speakers
« on: 2 Nov 2010, 06:47 am »
I have reached the end of the road to finding the "sound"
I have been searching for. I have arrived.

I just finished listening to the entire Dave Koz "Greatest Hits" album
with my new Rhythm Prism speakers and Sensation amplifier.
I just had to post that this is the most enjoyable music experience I have ever had,
live in concert, or otherwise.
The Sensation, with the Rhythm Prisms are a perfect match.

This is what I heard:

Sound that moves you.
Fast.
Impact!
Dynamics.
Lively.
Seamless transition from lows to mids to highs. Some call it flow.

And, best of all, no listening fatigue. Systems with air, detail, and
resolution have always given me listener fatigue... but not with the Rhythm Prisms and
Sensation!

Seth of Virtue Audio and Duke of AudioKinesis... take a bow.
« Last Edit: 2 Nov 2010, 09:09 pm by Parkfly »

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: Sensation with Rhythm Prism Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2010, 10:05 pm »
Duke rocks.  I agree with the recommendation.  Thank you so much for posting!

PSB Guy

« Reply #2 on: 2 Nov 2010, 10:51 pm »
Parkfly, do you have time to post picture(s)? I'm really interested to see how you placed the Rhythm Prisms in your room. Thanks.

Cornelis
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2010, 05:16 pm by PSB Guy »

Parkfly

« Reply #3 on: 2 Nov 2010, 11:56 pm »
I'm really interested to see how you placed the Rhythm Prisms in your room. Thanks.

One foot in from the front wall and ten inches from the side walls... placement not critical.

I can hear bass reinforcement from the close placement to the wall. My room is smallish and
FAR from ideal... later this month I will be moving them into a larger room... This combo DEMANDS
a dedicated room! The sound with this combo will have you rearranging your residence to give
priority to the music.

Parkfly.

ttan98

« Reply #4 on: 3 Nov 2010, 12:18 am »
Discovery of sound reproduction is journey, I don't you will ever come to the end. It may temporary pause for the time being and will continue after a while(obviously if you are still interested in hi-fi).

There are 2  reasons(there could be others) why:

1. Your ear and brain combo quickly "learnt" the sound you presented to it and after a while you may grew "tired" of it and want to try something new or different.

2. The technology improves and presents the sound reproduction in a different light/format. Your ear and brain may think it sounds is a real/perceived improvement of the previous sound you were getting.

Hence a progression of of steps towards trying to reach sound "nirvana" if is there is one, which I don't think so.

Parkfly

« Reply #5 on: 3 Nov 2010, 12:56 am »
Discovery of sound reproduction is journey, I don't you will ever come to the end.

Point well taken.

Although I am reluctant to throw this thread into a discussion of the psychology of music
pleasure... I will respond.

What I was trying to convey is that now I feel completely SATISFIED. In my search, I have always
had some reservations or disapointments with what I was hearing.... albeit minor when I give
a critical ear... especially concerning listener fatigue.

Now, with the Sensation and Rhythm Prisms, what I hear today is enjoyment without reservation.

Parkfly.

OzarkTom

« Reply #6 on: 3 Nov 2010, 03:53 am »
I could easily live with that set-up, one of the smoothest speakers around, yet detailed and images well.

The Sensation is a perfect match.

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #7 on: 3 Nov 2010, 03:56 am »
Thank you, Parkfly!

At the tail end of the Lone Star Audio Fest, Seth brought a little Virtue One.2 to my room.  What had preceeded it in the system was a custom SET amp that cost about as much as a car.  We hooked up the little One.2, ballpark two decimal places less expensive, and the little amp was not embarrassed at all.  In fact it sounded magnificent, and it's actually in my system right now.

I would really like to offer a much more affordable speaker to pair up with the One.2; on paper the Rhythm Prism looks like a mismatch because of the price disparity, but really the combination works quite well.  Now I'm sure the Sensation is an even better match.   

Anyway Parkfly, very glad the combination is working well for you! 

Duke

jimdgoulding

« Reply #8 on: 3 Nov 2010, 04:32 am »
If the Virtue works as well as the integrated amp section and inexpensive pre I heard, seriously, wow.  Fine linear and realistic music reproduction and staging was enjoyed by more than me.

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #9 on: 3 Nov 2010, 01:02 pm »
Time to start chanting - "pics-pics-pics"  :lol:
 :thumb:

pslate

« Reply #10 on: 7 Feb 2011, 03:06 pm »
I am considering this very set-up. Speakers this summer most likely, and then a Virtue amp to follow. I bought a HLLY TA2022 based amp that I might scrap by with for a tiny bit. Could you comment a bit more on the bass response (quality & quantity) Parkfly? Do you feel much need for a sub or subs (Duke or Earls multi-sub philosophy perhaps)? I am not big into movies so I'm thinking I get by without them.