Servo kit 3 or 4.

ricardojoa

Servo kit 3 or 4.
« on: 8 Sep 2019, 08:48 am »
Hi Danny,

I was wondering if the woofers on either  kit could be splited in two as left and right. So instead of a one H frame for two woofers, it will be two frames for the two woofers so that it can be placed for left and right side.
I have the rythmik peq 370 F15 sealed sub and would like to get a feel on open baffle subs by getting the 12 gr subs.

Nick77

Re: Servo kit 3 or 4.
« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2019, 11:36 am »
Hi I will let Danny confirm but I think you have an issue with your amp not having the built in filter shelves necessary for OB drivers. I think Brian at Rythmik can modify??  :popcorn:

Captainhemo

« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2019, 04:32 pm »
This won't work unfortunately.    the wiring  will end  up too long, something  you do not  want.
An opton would be to start with one dual  h-frame.  It could even be laid on  it's side in the center of the room if  that works for you... then, down the road you  can build the  2nd   one and run them in stereo.

And yes, Brian can add the OB shelving circuit if you   choose  .

jay

Early B.

« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2019, 09:34 pm »
An opton would be to start with one dual  h-frame.  It could even be laid on  it's side in the center of the room if  that works for you... then, down the road you  can build the  2nd   one and run them in stereo.

This is exactly what I did a few years ago. I had to take time to save money for the second sub. Dual OB servo subs sound twice as good as a single one, and far better than sealed OB servos.   

ricardojoa

« Reply #4 on: 9 Sep 2019, 12:07 pm »
Thank you for the response .

One question though, how is a longer speaker cable be an issue if both sides distance cable length reemain the same?
Is probably not a bad idea having too much bass on hand, we can always turn it down. Im just not a fan of buying too much stuff and i dont crank up loud.. below 80 db.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 9 Sep 2019, 01:15 pm »
Thank you for the response .

One question though, how is a longer speaker cable be an issue if both sides distance cable length reemain the same?
Is probably not a bad idea having too much bass on hand, we can always turn it down. Im just not a fan of buying too much stuff and i dont crank up loud.. below 80 db.

Jay is talking about the length of the servo control cable from the amp to the drivers. The recommendation is to not have the length of the cables from the amp to the speaker any longer than the wires that come with the amp.

Using only one driver will present output issues. The open baffle design needs more cone area than a sealed or ported box to get the same output. IIRC there are other technical issues why you need at least two drivers in these OB sub designs.

Mike

ricardojoa

« Reply #6 on: 9 Sep 2019, 05:24 pm »
Mike thanks for the clarification.

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 9 Sep 2019, 09:31 pm »
The longer cable and additional resistance will cause a delay in the control of the servo system. So wire lengths have to be kept short.