PS4 vs Xbone

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: PS4 vs Xbone
« Reply #60 on: 10 Nov 2013, 01:39 am »
I found something that clear up all my questions.
After this, you should be all set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gerfj5E3ds

Rclark

« Reply #61 on: 10 Nov 2013, 01:44 am »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnoiCP4MReU

Hahaha  :thumb:

Yeah forgot to add, Titanfall will also be 720P. Lmao. $500.

Woodsea

« Reply #62 on: 10 Nov 2013, 01:49 am »
I found something that clear up all my questions.
After this, you should be all set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gerfj5E3ds

Awesome, Thanks for the link.   :duh:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #63 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:06 am »
Glad I could help.  :wink:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #64 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:20 am »
Seems pretty clear the the PS4 has more raw processing power. Probably means it will result in a better gaming experience, but time and again, that has not determined which platform succeeded nor which failed.

I'm staying out of this one, probably permanently. They both made enough poor decisions with the design and development of these platforms that they are both wanting IMHO

Rclark

« Reply #65 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:24 am »
I disagree, I think Sony did great for $400. Combined with cpu flops it's nearly 2Tflops. Very respectable. And they will be able to dig stuff out of that architecture in the next 4 years. Gonna be great.

Rclark

« Reply #66 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:31 am »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j5xxi6cjjU

Doubtless this will impress. Ps4 will easily reach these visuals in 2014

JoshK

« Reply #67 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:33 am »
I have lots of gamer friends.  (I am not a gamer, although I will play on an off occasion).    I see the PS4 winning out by a landslide amongst my friends.    I couldn't ever get into XBOX 360's controlls, I had to set them to PS3 controls.   That isn't here or there, but its there.

Rclark

« Reply #68 on: 10 Nov 2013, 03:16 am »
If they produce a model without the Kinect, just console, imo its value, I would feel comfortable paying $299 for that. The console by itself is no match, but if they produce a kinectless model I would buy one as long as the price is realistic in light of the ps4.

Xbox will have a few fun exclusives and I'd like to dabble.

If they keep kinect in the box, then I will wait until I can get one for a very low price, and toss the kinect in the dumpster.

Woodsea

« Reply #69 on: 10 Nov 2013, 03:32 am »
See, that is where we diverge.  I believe the Kinect is the best part of the experience.
In time, I want to have a holo deck.  That to me is the true gaming experience.

Rclark

« Reply #70 on: 10 Nov 2013, 03:43 am »
Kinect is not the holodeck, lol. The holodeck is a pc with Oculus Rift, or Ps4 VR whenever they launch that. Kinect is a camera, not a projector lol, and it isn't even a useful input for core games, only a gimmick. Playstation Move is way better in that regard. You actually have buttons for each hand, and it's more precise.

kingdeezie

« Reply #71 on: 10 Nov 2013, 04:10 am »
Everyone keeps talking about power (not just limited to audiocircle), but no one is talking about games. It doesn't matter how many flops you have, if you are not providing people with compelling games to play.

There was a lot of great games this generation, but there was nothing that impacted me like The Last of Us. Exclusive to PS3, a machine that can be "crushed" by any decent PC built in the last four years. Sony brings the exclusives, and provides compelling content not available on another console or PC. I can't say the same for Microsoft.

Consoles as a whole remain effective because they are fixed, and priced for mass market.  The PS3 bombed at launch because of its price.  Do you think people will jump on a steambox or PC at 600 dollars or more, when their PS4 or Xbox One plays Call of Duty at slightly less fidelity for significantly less money? 

Not to mention that 600 dollars does not guarentee you worry free compatibility.  With the wide array of hardware configurations, there is bound to be driver issues, and incompatibility issues. Madden for PS4 works on everyone's PS4.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #72 on: 10 Nov 2013, 04:29 am »
Well....the nice thing about a console is that "you're done"....it's plug and play, period.
With a PC, there are variables like the hardware you're rerunning and tweaks and over clocking, and watercooling..bla..bla..bla..

With a console you plug it in, sit your ass in the easy chair and stare at your TV.
With a PC you're in an uncomfortable chair with a keyboard worried about all those variables....

The console is just cleaner. I have nothing against the PC gamers (I'm actually envious) but the console is just "ready to go gaming" unlike PCs.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #73 on: 10 Nov 2013, 04:33 am »
......I would add......

A console is like a small reasonably priced sports car that is very reliable.
The PC is like a Lambo, Ferrari, (etc....) that has to have some attention to keep it working at optimal efficiency.

No one will argue the supercar is bigger, better, faster, more.....but when you just want to DRIVE....the other car is sitting there waiting for you.

Woodsea

« Reply #74 on: 10 Nov 2013, 06:22 am »
My PS3 died, I had an xbox that no longer read dvd.  There is absolutely no such thing as plug and play no worries
I will not be buying into the must have consoles in the first months, that is just dumb dumb dumb. 
When both companies are seeking more revenue, and the hardware goes on sale in February what have I lost?  Nothing, because I can then filter through the quagmire of hyperbole and either buy a PS4, xbox, steam, or build my own gaming HTPC.  I still have a very workable 360. 
Plus, there are no must have games coming in that time period. 
Both of these new consoles require a patch.  Which means to me that they were pushed out the door as fast as possible.  Coincidence that Sony and MS came out with consoles at the same time, hell no.  They know what is coming up, and they panicked. 
Get your PS4 and rave, buy your xbox and control it the way you want. 

pardales

« Reply #75 on: 10 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm »
Neither machine is backwards compatible.  The xbox one will be the centerpiece for your family room, whereas the PS4 is just for gaming and it shows in its capabilities.  Both consoles will be overwhelmed by upcoming pc's and incoming consoles from the likes of Steam. 
The 360 and xbox one owners will not at this time be able to communicate with each other.  Big mistake on Microsofts part.

Eeek. That is important, so you cannot play 360 games on the XB1? You cannot play PS3 games on the PS4? No communication with users in other locations across either platform? Sorry I need to confirm this as it will make a difference in our decision.

Is there another reliable source out there, besides you guys, that explains all this kind of stuff for both systems? I've been reading a lot about these systems and no where did I encounter news that they were NOT backward compatible with games from their previous versions.

Thanks for the discussion everyone. Another reason to love AC!
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2013, 01:28 pm by pardales »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #76 on: 10 Nov 2013, 12:45 pm »
There is absolutely no such thing as plug and play no worries
Other than the occasional firmware update, it is plug and play with no worries. What are thinking of?

kingdeezie

« Reply #77 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:04 pm »
My PS3 died, I had an xbox that no longer read dvd.  There is absolutely no such thing as plug and play no worries
I will not be buying into the must have consoles in the first months, that is just dumb dumb dumb. 
When both companies are seeking more revenue, and the hardware goes on sale in February what have I lost?  Nothing, because I can then filter through the quagmire of hyperbole and either buy a PS4, xbox, steam, or build my own gaming HTPC.  I still have a very workable 360. 
Plus, there are no must have games coming in that time period. 
Both of these new consoles require a patch.  Which means to me that they were pushed out the door as fast as possible.  Coincidence that Sony and MS came out with consoles at the same time, hell no.  They know what is coming up, and they panicked. 
Get your PS4 and rave, buy your xbox and control it the way you want.

Seriously?

You are talking about apples and oranges. You think that PC is free from parts failure? Just look online to see how many people get DOA video cards, RAM, and hard drives. It is not an insignificant amount of people. Also, look how many reviews of various video cards talk about the piece failing within the first six months. It is also not insignificant.

You think Sony and Microsoft are scared about what is coming? Have you seen the hype for these consoles? They are both sold out at most major retailers until 2014.

Both Microsoft and Sony have said it is the biggest console launch for their companies ever in the history of console gaming.

Sony says it is on track to sell 5 million PS4s by March-April of 2014. If Microsoft does that well, or better, we are talking about 10 million units in 6 months.

Do you think steam box is going to do that sort of business? 

The only reason Sony and Microsoft waited this long to release a new piece of hardware was because the PS3 and Xbox 360 have been selling like hotcakes for years. Now that the sales of consoles has likely begun to stagnate, and market saturation is almost at its peak, they decided to release new hardware to create a new market, plain and simple.

Woodsea

« Reply #78 on: 10 Nov 2013, 05:22 pm »
I don't understand your posting kingdeezie.
How is it apples and oranges.  Your argument just implied that all gaming machines inherently are apt to fail.  Apples to Apples.  I love hype because it is all true.  :duh:
Steam will not come near those numbers, but they don't have to.  Because, all they need to do is sell a few hundred thousand, and word gets out.  Plus, all the people with regular PC's are using their service.  They have 3000 games, and have 6,500,000 concurrent players right now. Unlike other consoles, the Steam Machine has no set hardware, as its technology is implemented at the discretion of the manufacturer and is fully customizable in the same lieu as a personal computer.

pardales

« Reply #79 on: 10 Nov 2013, 06:11 pm »
Eeeek!  :icon_surprised: So you cannot play 360 games on the XB1? You cannot play PS3 games on the PS4? No communication with users in other locations across either platform? Sorry I need to confirm this as it will make a difference in our decision.

Is there another reliable source out there, besides you guys, that explains all this kind of stuff for both systems? I've been reading a lot about these systems and no where did I encounter news that they were NOT backward compatible with games from their previous versions.

Thanks for the discussion everyone. Another reason to love AC!