ps3/ps4/pc racing fans come snatch this deal!!!

Rclark

ps3/ps4/pc racing fans come snatch this deal!!!
« on: 3 Dec 2013, 12:44 am »
http://www.microcenter.com/product/355399/T500RS_Racing_Wheel_for_PS3  Mine is ordered.  :thumb:

Best of the best of the best force feedback racing wheel with pedals, 155 shipped, normally $599.

SoCalWJS

Re: ps3/ps4/pc racing fans come snatch this deal!!!
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2013, 12:51 am »
Looks nice - the specs page for the linked page says only for PS3.

I take it that the PS4 would need a different version?

I have a PS3 and may someday go with a 4, but I'm going to wait awhile. If I bought this for the 3, would there be an adaptor or modification to make it compatible with PS4?

Woodsea

« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2013, 01:19 am »
Taking a look at their website, I would say that this racing wheel is only for PS3 and PC.  They only have headsets that are PS4 compatible.
He said 'thrustmaster'!  Had to do, their stuff looks good though.
Now search a DIY racing wheel stand to have an awesome set-up!

Rclark

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2013, 01:33 am »
Ps4 support confirmed via neogaf.

super pumped. Just need a wheel stand now (another $150 ish). Gt 7 on ps4 is going to be glorious.  That wheel was $600 at launch in 2011. Sale will go quick  :thumb:

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2013, 03:08 am »
Not confirmed by any official notice from Thrustmaster nor in their technical support.  Not saying that it isn't but, going through threads at neogaf it is all heresay.  This may be the reason for the selloff of this hardware.

Rclark

« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2013, 03:14 am »
Neogaf's "here say" is industry standard gold seal. Either way GT 6 is out in just a few days. Sony has promised support for wheels and peripherals soon. Wouldn't pass this up, will be $499 again soon.

the sale is cyber monday

Woodsea

« Reply #6 on: 3 Dec 2013, 03:27 am »
Rclark, please don't just say Neogaf says it is so.  You need to verify what you are saying.  I actually put the effort in to verify, because my racing wheel will not work with next gen, so I was looking for a great deal.  But, I could not confirm beyond a reasonable doubt that this would work with either next generation console.
I am not going to have this back and forth with you again. 
When you find official proof, please post it! 
Hell, I can say that the earth is flat because the Catholic church said it was so, a thousand years ago.  But, did they have scientific fact or was it just a 'known' fact?  Marvel comics tells us with each new super hero that radiation caused another anomaly that allows a human to cheat physics. 
Hitler said that non-arians are beneath the mother-lands true bloods.
The titanic is unsinkable
 Do you see where I am coming from.
Just verify and provide a link

Rclark

« Reply #7 on: 3 Dec 2013, 03:45 am »
It's a driver for their flagship wheel. Guarantee it will come. Use it for your ps3 and PC in the meanwhile.

you're right, it's not officially supported yet, but in will be. Sony has promised to support a lot of ps3 wheels.

it's just a driver to write. Your deal to pass up!

Gaf is absolutely convinced ps4 support is coming.

Woodsea

« Reply #8 on: 3 Dec 2013, 04:19 am »
Thank you

Rclark

« Reply #9 on: 3 Dec 2013, 04:36 am »
Apparently on the Playstation Blog they've posted there will be PS4 support. It's also the official website wheel of Gran Tourismo and has the GT logo on it. I'm ready for belt driven force feedback awesomeness.

Rclark

« Reply #10 on: 3 Dec 2013, 04:38 am »
Video review

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EkgxRNQ7F6g

has paddle shifters but they offer a gated shifter as an add on. So awesome

Edit. sold out.