Fresh Pasta!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Fresh Pasta!
« on: 31 Dec 2016, 12:18 am »
My 12 year old son's favorite food is pasta, so I got him a pasta maker for Christmas.

This is a really easy to use model in which you add flour and water/eggs to the machine and it mixes it for you and extrudes the dough through 1 of 8 attachments.

For our maiden voyage tonight, we decided to make penne.  Once the penne was made we used it in one of his favorite recipes (penne with bacon and broccoli, tossed in a garlic cream sauce).

Tomorrow I will be making ramen with my other son.

I love the fact that both boys are interested in learning how to cook.   :thumb:

George

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Re: Fresh Pasta!
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2016, 01:28 am »
That's great!
Nice to hear your boys are interested in cooking. That opens up a whole new world to them.
Definitely a life skill all kids need.
Well done! :thumb:
I'm inspired by your post so much I just ordered a pasta machine. Time to get the grand kids involved!

putz

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2016, 03:57 am »
What machines did you get?

I'm contemplating the KitchenAid Pasta Roller and Cutter attachment.

StereoNut

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2016, 04:01 am »
Watching... I'd like to know which machines you're using and why you chose them.

SN

Nick77

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2016, 11:44 am »
We bought the Kitchen Aid attachments since we already owned the mixer.  Maybe a little more work but economical way to make fresh pasta.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2016, 12:26 pm »
What machines did you get?

I'm contemplating the KitchenAid Pasta Roller and Cutter attachment.

While I own a KitchenAid stand mixer, I decided to go the easiest route possible (to try to entice the kids to use the machine often) and bought the Philips Pasta Maker.  It had excellent reviews and after our initial try, I can see why.

https://smile.amazon.com/Philips-HR2357-05-Pasta-Maker/dp/B00REJMIJ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1483143527&sr=1-1&keywords=philips+pasta+maker

George