RMAF and CAF

jsalk

RMAF and CAF
« on: 19 Oct 2018, 07:27 pm »
Well, the dust has settled upon our return from the Rocky Mountain Audiofest in Denver.

We showed the Song3 BeAT's and Song3 Encores (mostly the BeAT's) and the reaction was very positive.

Greg Weaver commented in enjoythemusic.com,

"Jim Salk and the cat's at Schiit teamed up in room 3000 to present an absolutely engaging system...This room offered up splendid articulation, full of fine detail, with honest, rich, tone. Attack was nicely defined, with good resolve, and a very open and natural sound overall."

All in all, it was a very nice show and, as always, it was great meeting old friends and making new ones.

Now it is on to Capital Audiofest in Rockville, MD, November 2 - 4.  We'll be showing the same speakers in room 512 along with Exogal, Anticables and McGary Audio.  Mike McGary will be introducing his hand-built SA 1 Vacuum Tube Stereo Amplifier.  Mike has had a number of very nice reviews lately.  Here is a link to his "news" page with links to reviews...

https://www.mcgaryaudio.com/news/

See you in DC!

- Jim

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
Re: RMAF and CAF
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2018, 08:30 pm »

Now it is on to Capital Audiofest in Rockville, MD, November 2 - 4.  We'll be showing the same speakers in room 512 along with Exogal, Anticables and McGary Audio.  Mike McGary will be introducing his hand-built SA 1 Vacuum Tube Stereo Amplifier.  Mike has had a number of very nice reviews lately.  Here is a link to his "news" page with links to reviews...

See you in DC!

- Jim

That should be a great sounding system. I'm using an Exogal DAC and tube integrated amp with my Song3's and love the combo.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2018, 08:37 pm »
That should be a great sounding system. I'm using an Exogal DAC and tube integrated amp with my Song3's and love the combo.

Have you made any recent videos with your Song3’s and dog in the listening chair?

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2018, 08:56 pm »
I did post some on youtube last week. Unfortunately, the sound quality is extremely limited when recording on an iphone and playing through YT. I need to work on some treatments a bit, if my wife will let me, but I don't think I can improve much on the sound of my system in the space that I have.

R Swerdlow

« Reply #4 on: 20 Oct 2018, 05:41 pm »

See you in DC!
I'm planning on being there, not sure which day.  I'll be certain to stop by and visit.  I'm looking forward to finally hear one of the Song3 speakers.

TransportPlanner

« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2018, 09:39 am »
I did post some on youtube last week. Unfortunately, the sound quality is extremely limited when recording on an iphone and playing through YT. I need to work on some treatments a bit, if my wife will let me, but I don't think I can improve much on the sound of my system in the space that I have.

Just rent a midlevel SLR and a Rode Stereo Videomic Pro for a couple days, I would bet $5 it would get Jim another sale  :P
(Actually, I'm sure you could just rent a good mic for the smartphone, and not even have to get the SLR)