Can I get drunk eating over ripened Kiwi?

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Can I get drunk eating over ripened Kiwi?
« on: 22 Dec 2019, 12:33 am »
Just curious... Tried Google... Trying to Google anything anymore is an exercise in wasted time.
So I bought a few Kiwi fruit and left them on the counter for a week. 80F in my apartment at all times... Gee they are really soft. hard to peel with a tool, easy with my hand. Strong alcohol taste.. Wow post pubescent teens should know this... Get drunk on innocent fruit.. All you gotta do is let it get too ripe...  :thumb:
I am really wondering how much alcohol is in an over ripened Kiwi???
 Tastes like enough that three should make me tipsy....  :thumb:
Kiwi getting alcohol taste is normal, every time I have let them get over ripe kaboom!  booze.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Can I get drunk eating over ripened Kiwi?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2019, 12:59 am »
Fructose +yeast= ethanol + CO2    People and animals have been getting drunk on fermented fruit for much longer than civilization has been around. 
Robins and Cedar Waxwings are notorious for crashing in flight after eating fermenting berries.  Yeast can turn about half the sugar weight in a fruit into alcohol. 

veloceleste

Re: Can I get drunk eating over ripened Kiwi?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2019, 01:15 am »
Just curious... Tried Google... Trying to Google anything anymore is an exercise in wasted time.
So I bought a few Kiwi fruit and left them on the counter for a week. 80F in my apartment at all times... Gee they are really soft. hard to peel with a tool, easy with my hand. Strong alcohol taste.. Wow post pubescent teens should know this... Get drunk on innocent fruit.. All you gotta do is let it get too ripe...  :thumb:
I am really wondering how much alcohol is in an over ripened Kiwi???
 Tastes like enough that three should make me tipsy....  :thumb:
Kiwi getting alcohol taste is normal, every time I have let them get over ripe kaboom!  booze.
Try this instead of using a peeler: cut off both ends and take a teaspoon and slip it in between the skin and meat on one end. Twist and push the spoon around to the other end while keeping it between the skin and meat. The kiwi is now peeled, whole  and intact.