New product from Dusty?

CIAudio

Re: New product from Dusty?
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jan 2007, 03:53 pm »
Id love to know any details and sales features on the quality of construction.
What diodes does it use?
What capacitors are you using for high frequency filtering etc?
Brand of IEC inlet etc?
If its all good quality components and design, Ill happily buy one too.

I won't go into the specifics of the design but it uses all high quality parts...
Gold-plated circuit board, Nichicon, Panasonic, and Murata caps, same IEC as in D-200.

unityaudio.ca

« Reply #21 on: 19 Jan 2007, 01:16 am »
Damn you Dusty, just when I was about to put my wallet away this month.  :drool:

CIAudio

« Reply #22 on: 19 Jan 2007, 03:19 am »
Damn you Dusty, just when I was about to put my wallet away this month.

Don't get too excited, we won't have them available for a month or so... :P

ralflar

« Reply #23 on: 20 Jan 2007, 02:24 am »
Dusty,

Somehow I must have missed the XDC-1 release. ;)

From what I have read the XDC-2 will not provide protection against power surges, brown/black outs. I read an opinion - on the Richard Gray web site, I think - that transformer based amps are insensitive to these and therefore do not need such protection. (IMO that statement must imply that the source and pre-amp which feed into the amp are protected in some way.)

Please comment. Would D-200 via XDC-2 require or benefit from additional surge protection?

CIAudio

« Reply #24 on: 20 Jan 2007, 03:19 am »
Somehow I must have missed the XDC-1 release.
No XDC-1 as of yet, we reserved that model number in case we decided to make a single outlet version some day  :wink:

From what I have read the XDC-2 will not provide protection against power surges, brown/black outs. I read an opinion - on the Richard Gray web site, I think - that transformer based amps are insensitive to these and therefore do not need such protection. (IMO that statement must imply that the source and pre-amp which feed into the amp are protected in some way.)

Please comment. Would D-200 via XDC-2 require or benefit from additional surge protection?

D-200's have a built-in protection that somewhat protects against surges. Not that surge protection isn't sometimes effective, but I like to keep as little as possible between the AC, and high-current audio components.