Why the hate?

Wind Chaser

Re: Why the hate?
« Reply #120 on: 19 Jun 2017, 04:34 pm »

These images are way too small for my bigly YUGE monitor.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2017, 05:42 pm by Wind Chaser »

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #121 on: 19 Jun 2017, 04:40 pm »
WC, please delete the pics, now we have the yuge pic on the top of another page!  :evil:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #122 on: 19 Jun 2017, 05:44 pm »
I was trying to make a point in this pointless thread. :lol:

orientalexpress

« Reply #123 on: 19 Jun 2017, 06:06 pm »
I agree,it hard to teach a 50 year old men not to judge a book by it covers. :duh: :duh:

RDavidson

« Reply #124 on: 19 Jun 2017, 11:44 pm »
Studies can be biased, especially when they are conducted or concluded by the type of person who has an agenda (who drives or endorses said subject matter vehicle).

Real studies are about data collection and report. How the data is reinterpreted to support an agenda is something else entirely. By now, due to how our "news" is reported to us on a daily basis, I hope that at least some of us understand the need to often dig further for information versus taking what we're given as verbatim.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #125 on: 20 Jun 2017, 12:03 am »
Real studies are about data collection and report. How the data is reinterpreted to support an agenda is something else entirely. By now, due to how our "news" is reported to us on a daily basis, I hope that at least some of us understand the need to often dig further for information versus taking what we're given as verbatim.

"Conducted" can be biased as well. If you go to an area that has more Prius's and ask questions about them, you will get data biased towards it.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #126 on: 20 Jun 2017, 12:04 am »

What was the pic?

srb

« Reply #127 on: 20 Jun 2017, 12:32 am »
What was the pic?

You posted it.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #128 on: 20 Jun 2017, 12:35 am »
You posted it.

What was W.C.'s pic?

RDavidson

« Reply #129 on: 20 Jun 2017, 01:38 am »
"Conducted" can be biased as well. If you go to an area that has more Prius's and ask questions about them, you will get data biased towards it.

OK....you still understand my point and that's all that is necessary. We don't need to expound on the details of a non-existent study nor its non-existent data nor its non-existent criteria.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #130 on: 20 Jun 2017, 04:04 pm »
OK....you still understand my point and that's all that is necessary. We don't need to expound on the details of a non-existent study nor its non-existent data nor its non-existent criteria.

Let's get back to the subject in hand...

...can we make the Prius non-existent?

:green:

charmerci

« Reply #131 on: 20 Jun 2017, 04:21 pm »
Let's get back to the subject in hand...

...can we make the Prius non-existent?

:green:

We got one (the V wagon) at work a few months ago because it's a long-distance daily driver. It's a wonderful drive and gets great mileage.

GregC

« Reply #132 on: 20 Jun 2017, 05:29 pm »
This is just angry bullshit.

No this is an observation of what I have experienced driving the California roads.  The majority of times there is a traffic slowdown when an inconsiderate driver refuses to move over and yield to drivers who want to do faster, said driver is often in a Prius.  More so than any other model car.  To the point my wife and I laugh when we come up to a length of cars and say it must be a Prius up ahead.  I drive the speed limit (or a little above) and I will move over if a driver comes up behind me and wants to pass. 

GregC

« Reply #133 on: 20 Jun 2017, 05:33 pm »
Is that really your experience? Where all of these slow Prius drivers when I'm out on the road? Unless this is a very recent development, I just don't see it. Up until a year ago my job had me driving a minimum of 500 miles a week and I don't recall one time where I thought that slow MF in the fast lane's in a Prius. And to get my work done from one location to another I spent a lot of time in the fast lane.

My 86-year-old dad drives a Prius, so maybe it's him you're seeing. His driving habits have zero to do with the model car he drives.

ANd while we're bitching, WTF happened to this page?

I live near Monterey and people often joke that this is the land of the newly wed or nearly dead.  The Prius phenomena I have experienced has nothing to do with age demographics.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #134 on: 20 Jun 2017, 06:27 pm »
Could it be that Prius has become a buzz word that elicits all sorts presumptions about the drivers that may or may not be true? Has anybody noticed speeding, tailgating  Prius drivers? Probably not because it doesn't fit into their preconceptions.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #135 on: 20 Jun 2017, 08:17 pm »
"I live near Monterey and people often joke that this is the land of the newly wed or nearly dead.  The Prius phenomena I have experienced has nothing to do with age demographics. "

Monterey is a great place. Never noticed the Prius problems when we visited. Did see a Young Chinese man with the absolute largest bag of BBQ potato chips I have ever seen.

Did I forget to signal that left turn I just made in this thread?

mcgsxr

« Reply #136 on: 20 Jun 2017, 08:31 pm »
In one now in Calgary.  Cab.  Traffic anyway so I don't notice it as slow. 

twitch54

« Reply #137 on: 20 Jun 2017, 08:45 pm »
Could it be that Prius has become a buzz word that elicits all sorts presumptions about the drivers that may or may not be true? Has anybody noticed speeding, tailgating  Prius drivers? Probably not because it doesn't fit into their preconceptions.

................and with that being said I got stuck behind one today on my drive to upstate NY, 10 mph under the speed limit (sunshine, dry pavement) , nobody would pass him, had three other vehicles between my self and the Prius. Finally after ten miles we got to a passing zone and got by , grrrrrrrrrrr. Oh yeah, he had the obligatory Obama / Hilary sticker on the back as well !

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #138 on: 11 Jul 2017, 04:13 pm »

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #139 on: 11 Jul 2017, 04:18 pm »
Prius spray-painted with angry messages in Oregon, owners told to 'Go back to California'

The scream of the '90s is alive in Portland.

Two recently relocated Californians awoke to a not-so-warm welcome Sunday morning, as they discovered that someone had left anti-Golden State golden statements all over their Toyota Prius and home.

"I woke up this morning, drinking a cup of coffee, and looked out at our bright yellow door to see a not very nice message," Preston Page told KOIN, he and partner Jessica Faraday's new residence and vehicle plastered with glittery spray-painted warnings such as "Get California out of Portland" and "Move back."

The Prius had also been gouged with a set of car keys.

Page and Faraday moved to Northeast Portland from Southern California about four months ago.

According to Page, they had just finished painting their new home two weeks before this incident.

"I'm definitely surprised someone would go this far," he said.

Though they're unsure of who exactly tagged their Prius and their pad, Page thinks the vandalism may have some connection to a road rage incident that took place the day before the damage.

Apparently Page had momentarily blocked the narrow street with his Prius while dropping off Faraday in front of their house.

When a driver was unable to get by, he took note of the hybrid car's out-of-state plates and yelled that they should go back to California.

The couple filed a police report but remain upbeat about "Stumptown."

"Portland is fantastic. You can't argue with this place," Page said.