What is the recommneded way to connect the mR to a USB DAC

yyz

i am about to buy the mR and came across this site. I see that the mR comes with a USB stick. I imagine this stick is used to connect the mR to a USB DAC (Benchmark DAC2 in my case). Am I correct in my assumption about the use of the USB stick?. I would have thought a USB cable would have been the way to go. What are people using on this site to connect the mR to your DAC?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: What is the recommneded way to connect the mR to a USB DAC
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2016, 06:44 pm »
i am about to buy the mR and came across this site. I see that the mR comes with a USB stick. I imagine this stick is used to connect the mR to a USB DAC (Benchmark DAC2 in my case). Am I correct in my assumption about the use of the USB stick?. I would have thought a USB cable would have been the way to go. What are people using on this site to connect the mR to your DAC?
No USB Stick.  It comes with a hard adapter.  You can use that or a short usb cable such as the Curious Link (200mm). 

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2016, 06:54 pm »
The "stick" you're referring to may be one of the USB DAC's such as Audioquest Dagonfly as they look just like a USB memory stick. There IS a small memory card, but that is only to hold the software used by the mr internally.

Any standard USB cable plugged into the mr should work fine with the Benchmark.

yyz

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2016, 06:56 pm »
No USB Stick.  It comes with a hard adapter.  You can use that or a short usb cable such as the Curious Link (200mm).

I guess I meant hard adapter (I had never heard the term before).

yyz

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2016, 07:07 pm »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2016, 07:08 pm »

Yes, USB Hard Adapter (A to B).