Squeezebox repair?

Yuper

Squeezebox repair?
« on: 6 Feb 2011, 09:25 pm »
Hi Wayne.  My modded Squeezebox is like about 3 or 4 years old and it shuts down when asked to find my computer source.  It just goes blank on me.  Are these things worth sending in to attempt to repair, or am I out of luck with this baby?

KJ

Re: Squeezebox repair?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2011, 09:33 pm »
Have you tried holding down the power button on the remote to have it reboot completely?

Yuper

« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2011, 09:39 pm »
I've unplugged it, but I'll go try that right now.  Thanks.

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 6 Feb 2011, 09:41 pm »
What model do you have? 2, 3 or DUET?

What software or firmware are you using? Try downloading the latest release to see it everything works. If you are still trying to use firmware 15, it is no longer supported by Logitech.

There are a couple of common hardware failures. One is the connectors that join the daughter board to the main board on the SB2 and 3 comes loose. This will usually result in problems with the display. The other problem is the wi-fi board goes bad and just sucks all the current when it tries to turn on.

You are welcome to send it to me to look over. However, if it requires specific parts from Logitech, everyone is out of luck. They do no repairs or stock any parts. They will give a discount off a new Touch if the unit is stock. No credit for modded units.

Yuper

« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb 2011, 10:04 pm »
I use slimserver and itunes.  Here is what slimserver says...

SlimServer Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Windows Vista - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 127.0.0.1
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

KJ

« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb 2011, 10:06 pm »
Looks like your server isn't obtaining a valid IP address.

Yuper

« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2011, 03:29 pm »
OK... electronics is odd.  I didn't give up on this Squeezebox and I didn't do anything different.  This morning I look at her, I'll call her her,  and she is ready to go.  Music is back on in my house with no explanation.  Maybe I offended her with my choice of music at some point.