The hunt for 'Red October'

twitch54

Re: The hunt for 'Red October'
« Reply #20 on: 6 Nov 2022, 12:14 pm »
Oh well, get 'em next year   :cry:

JCarney

« Reply #21 on: 6 Nov 2022, 02:09 pm »
Take solace in the fact that the Philly's were the only team this year to hang a loss on the Astros in the playoffs, and they did it twice. :dunno:

JCarney

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #22 on: 7 Nov 2022, 11:48 am »
Exactly JC, would any of us have picked the Phillys to be in the Series at the beginning of the year?  At the All Star break?  They had a great season.

JCarney

« Reply #23 on: 7 Nov 2022, 08:12 pm »
Leritroll:
The Phillies this year kinda reminded me of the 2007 Rockies. Pedestrian sort of regular season, but got hot late, and stayed hot all the way to the WS. Absolute blast to watch. I don't think the Phillies were on anybodies radar at anytime until very late in the season.

JCarney

twitch54

« Reply #24 on: 8 Nov 2022, 01:25 pm »
Leritroll:
The Phillies this year kinda reminded me of the 2007 Rockies. Pedestrian sort of regular season, but got hot late, and stayed hot all the way to the WS. Absolute blast to watch. I don't think the Phillies were on anybodies radar at anytime until very late in the season.

JCarney

For sure, although the 'chemistry change' started to take place after Rob Thomson took over the reins. When was the last time a manager took over mid-season a team with a losing record and put them in the WS ?

JCarney

« Reply #25 on: 8 Nov 2022, 03:02 pm »
That is a good question twitch, and I don't know the answer. Inheriting a bad club mid season and pushing all the right buttons to get to the dance is very impressive. I hope Thomson gets serious consideration so the interim tag can be removed.

JCarney

twitch54

« Reply #26 on: 8 Nov 2022, 05:40 pm »
That is a good question twitch, and I don't know the answer. Inheriting a bad club mid season and pushing all the right buttons to get to the dance is very impressive. I hope Thomson gets serious consideration so the interim tag can be removed.

JCarney

JC, he already has, named Manager with a 2 year deal during the Atlanta series