BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces

jjc1

Re: BDP-1 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #140 on: 30 Jul 2011, 06:29 pm »
Hi - I have not had any problems - you can try the IP address of the BDP-1 and see if that works. Replace bryston-bdp-1.local with the IP address.

james
Thanks James. The IP address worked. Funny, but I never had that problem before with Gnome. Might be because I switched internet provider.

Robin1

« Reply #141 on: 31 Jul 2011, 07:20 pm »
Hi guys...new here , but not to Bryston. I've been following and absorbing everything I can for a couple of years. Great site...huge help. I recently purchased a BDA-1...then BDP-1. Started playing with the Itouch with mpod...pretty nice.Yesterday picked up an Ipad.  Wow..this is going to be fun
I'm stuck on something...kind of computer stupid....but stumbling along
Ripped CDs with DBPoweramp and my searchs work beautiful ....artist ,album,track, genre,album art
One thing I can't figure out is when I pick genre...everything comes up...jazz ,blues , classical etc
Can I not pick...say jazz...play all or classical..play all...depending on my mood
thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #142 on: 31 Jul 2011, 07:31 pm »
Hi guys...new here , but not to Bryston. I've been following and absorbing everything I can for a couple of years. Great site...huge help. I recently purchased a BDA-1...then BDP-1. Started playing with the Itouch with mpod...pretty nice.Yesterday picked up an Ipad.  Wow..this is going to be fun
Ripped CDs with DBPoweramp and my searchs work beautiful ....artist ,album,track, genre,album art
One thing I can't figure out is when I pick genre...everything comes up...jazz ,blues , classical etc
Can I not pick...say jazz...play all or classical..play all...depending on my mood
thanks

Hi Robin

Not sure on that --- you may have to create playlists?

James

Robin1

« Reply #143 on: 1 Aug 2011, 12:26 am »
thanks James.....messed around with it all afternoon...that does work....not so easy if I want to random listen to 100 cds....or more...but it does work. Not that important in the big picture. Just trying to sort out a few things before I rip 1000 cd's or more
Thanks
Robin

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #144 on: 1 Aug 2011, 12:29 am »
thanks James.....messed around with it all afternoon...that does work....not so easy if I want to random listen to 100 cds....or more...but it does work. Not that important in the big picture. Just trying to sort out a few things before I rip 1000 cd's or more
Thanks
Robin

There is a Random feature in MPOD and MPAD.

james

Robin1

« Reply #145 on: 1 Aug 2011, 11:55 pm »
Yes, random works if I pick an album....a playlist...the entire USB drive...the hard drive....but if I'm random playing the entire library...we could get Christmas music in July...not a good thing ..but I do like the playlist route
Just thought there was maybe a way to random play an entire genre and
I couldn't figure it out
Thanks
Robin

terrycym

« Reply #146 on: 2 Aug 2011, 09:53 am »
Yes, random works if I pick an album....a playlist...the entire USB drive...the hard drive....but if I'm random playing the entire library...we could get Christmas music in July...not a good thing ..but I do like the playlist route
Just thought there was maybe a way to random play an entire genre and
I couldn't figure it out
Thanks
Robin
It's as if you need a SQL statement such as ...
Select all music where genre = Jazz, sort by Album

Nobody's going to give you that!
« Last Edit: 3 Aug 2011, 01:17 pm by terrycym »

Robin1

« Reply #147 on: 2 Aug 2011, 07:10 pm »
ya you're probably right......sometimes I ask for too much....bottom line ,the bda/bdp is the best audio upgrade I've purchased in many years...and it is going to be fun working throgh the future
upgrades and interfaces
thanks
Robin

terrycym

« Reply #148 on: 3 Aug 2011, 01:16 pm »
thanks
I was playing with mpod last night and tapping the Genre button produced a list of genres used in my library. I selected one of them (World for example) and only albums apertaining to that genre appeared.

Marius

« Reply #149 on: 3 Aug 2011, 01:35 pm »
Since I changed my BDP I can only Browse with the Mpad app. I tried the refresh and update commands on Mpad, but no success....Is there some hidden feature I need to be able to see my albums, artists, etc etc again?

Marius

ps thanks in advance...

terrycym

« Reply #150 on: 3 Aug 2011, 01:49 pm »
Since I changed my BDP I can only Browse with the Mpad app. I tried the refresh and update commands on Mpad, but no success....Is there some hidden feature I need to be able to see my albums, artists, etc etc again?

Marius

The refresh & update buttons always work for me when adding new albums to an existing BDP-1 library.  Have you tried deleting MPAD from the iPAD memory?
Apps always remain in memory so that you can quickly switch between them.
That's RAM memory rather that the memory (solid state drive) that you install apps to.
If that fails, try removing the configuration for the BDP-1 in MPAD, restart MPAD and add it again.

terrycym

« Reply #151 on: 3 Aug 2011, 02:04 pm »

Marius

ps thanks in advance...
Is the DHCP setting in the new BDP-1 the same as the old one?
Did you ever have them connected to the network at the same time?
In which case the new one will be called BDP-2

Try pinging the BDP and see what is returned

Marius

« Reply #152 on: 3 Aug 2011, 02:38 pm »
Hi terry,

Mpad does connect and I am able to browse the directories/files. Album, artist and song are empty though. I killed the app and relaunched, but that did not help. I'll try and reinstall.

Marius

Is the DHCP setting in the new BDP-1 the same as the old one?
Did you ever have them connected to the network at the same time?
In which case the new one will be called BDP-2

Try pinging the BDP and see what is returned

Marius

« Reply #153 on: 3 Aug 2011, 03:10 pm »
back again! killed all wireless network in the house along with it, but everything s back to normal.

Marius

Hi terry,

Mpad does connect and I am able to browse the directories/files. Album, artist and song are empty though. I killed the app and relaunched, but that did not help. I'll try and reinstall.

Marius

ecdcyc

« Reply #154 on: 4 Aug 2011, 03:59 am »
Hi James,

Both GMPC and Firefox work here, but I have a question about the file size limit. I recently got a large WAV file that is over 2G. It's a multi-channel 24 bit/96khz file, and I was curious to see how it would be played in stereo. But the file does not show up in the database in either GMPC or Firefox, although it's on the HD. Other multi-channel wave files less than 2G all show up and can be played in stereo. So is there a 2G limit on a single WAV file? Thanks.

Chihyi

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #155 on: 4 Aug 2011, 04:48 pm »
Hi James,

Both GMPC and Firefox work here, but I have a question about the file size limit. I recently got a large WAV file that is over 2G. It's a multi-channel 24 bit/96khz file, and I was curious to see how it would be played in stereo. But the file does not show up in the database in either GMPC or Firefox, although it's on the HD. Other multi-channel wave files less than 2G all show up and can be played in stereo. So is there a 2G limit on a single WAV file? Thanks.

Chihyi

Hi - never tried a file that size so not sure at this point.  Maybe send me a thumbdrive with the file loaded and we can have a look.

james

ecdcyc

« Reply #156 on: 6 Aug 2011, 03:31 am »
OK. Please give me your mailing address.

Hi - never tried a file that size so not sure at this point.  Maybe send me a thumbdrive with the file loaded and we can have a look.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #157 on: 6 Aug 2011, 03:34 am »
OK. Please give me your mailing address.

BRYSTON LTD.
677 NEAL DRIVE
PETERBOROUGH, ONTARIO
CANADA
K9J 6X7
PHONE: 705 742-5325
FAX: 705 742-0882

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #158 on: 12 Aug 2011, 01:11 am »
Hi Folks

There are new versions of MPoD and MPaD available at the Apple app store.

James

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #159 on: 12 Aug 2011, 02:05 am »
Hi Folks

There are new versions of MPoD and MPaD available at the Apple app store.

James

Thanks James.

George