Olive- battery usage and care

Citizen Smith

Olive- battery usage and care
« on: 28 Jun 2006, 06:14 pm »
Hi all,

Currently looking forward to my up and coming RWA Olive Musica, and hope Vinnie can give me, and others any tips for looking after the battery.

I understand the Musica has 6 hours or so playback before a full recharge is needed (this is ample listening time for me, btw). Is there any indicator of battery charge that's left, and is it good for the battery to run virtually flat (discharged?) before a full charge? Any care tips welcome!

Just hope those lovely customs people in the UK hurry this beauty through :)

Cheers,
Darren

balu

Re: Olive- battery usage and care
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2006, 09:43 pm »
Another question - does the specified limit of 6/8 hours include periods where the device is powered up but not otherwise used?

ZLS

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2006, 11:10 pm »
Hi,

I have an Olive Musica Player that has been modified by Vinnie.  The sound is rich, full, and emotionally involving.  To answer your question you simply need to keep track of the charging light.  When the player is off the light should either be green (for fully charged) or red (for charging)  When the player is on there is no light.  What you have to be careful of is to make sure the battery is always connected to the charger, and if the machine is not playing you are seeing one of the two lights.  You should not, I repeat not let the battery run completely down!  It really is not that hard to keep track of the time.  Vinnie does offer an option to have a backup battery if you so desire.  I hope this has been helpful. 

ZLS

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2006, 02:24 am »
Hi Guys,

I include a 3-page RWA modded Olive User's Guide with the modded Olive Music Server.  This fully explains topics such as:

-- Powering On/Off
-- Battery charging info
-- Charging habits
-- Changing the battery
-- External battery supply (optional)
-- Warranty info

It has become very clear to me that I need to add a section on my webpage that offers lots of info on SLA batteries.  I have been beyond busy this month and I really need to make the time to do this because it will make things very clear for those who are considering purchasing any of the RWA SLA battery powered products or modded units. 

I apologize for the delay in doing so.....this should have been done a while ago  :oops:

I will try my best to have this finished within the next week. 

Another question - does the specified limit of 6/8 hours include periods where the device is powered up but not otherwise used?

Hi balu,

Your Olive Symphony should not be left on (playing or not playing) longer than the recommended 8 hours between full charges.

Best regards,

Gordy

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2006, 04:56 am »

The Olive units kick down to stand-by mode after only a few (5?) minutes when not in use and almost immediately when importing/recording cd's, none the less, I like to keep my sla's as fully charged as possible. I've gotten into the habit of always flipping them to recharge whenever they are going to be idle for 15 mins or more...  but that's me...