Sorround sound & HT processor

Craig Young

Sorround sound & HT processor
« on: 19 Apr 2024, 07:47 pm »
I have a LG C2 running with an old Denon avrx2300 and in the midst of changing that out. I really want the ART type of room correction because my room is square. My current thought is Marantz AV10 or maybe AudioControl Maestro. Those two I would have to wait for Dirac which might be on the horizon. Now the next two is expensive and those are stormaudio and trinnov. The thing with storm and trinnov is that I really should use a well groomed installer to get me up and running, but where I live that will be very expensive. So now I forget the reasons why I removed Anthem 90 from my list, but I really like what I have heard about the ease of setting up correction functions. For amplifiers I have my sights set on buckeye amps NC252MP.

WGH

Re: Surround sound & HT processor
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2024, 09:25 pm »
Any of the processors you mention should have better sound than the 8 year old Denon. Anthem designs are always a little behind the curve but speaking from experience the Anthem Room Correction (ARC) is easy to set up and tweak. The software gets the sound to 90%, fine tuning by ear is always required to get the best home theater experience. I think the Anthem sound is excellent, it is never harsh or peaky at high levels and at the other end, the quiet whispers in Dune: Part 1 were clear and easy to understand.

What speakers do you have? The processors you are looking at are all state-of-the art. I have matching Salk speakers for the front and Triad for the surround and Atmos speakers, theater level loudness is not a problem, I usually turn it down. My room isn't as problematic as yours.

If you want Dirac ART you should get it.

Craig Young

Re: Sorround sound & HT processor
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2024, 04:39 am »
My speakers will be a mix starting with the mains will be  the Bully and x-cs encore by GR. Surrounds I am thinking of getting svs prime bookshelf and my front height will be svs elevation and rear height will be my old definitive tech 800. Thanks for sharing your experience.