Members Gallery, Pictures of Salk speakers in members homes

jermmd

« Reply #20 on: 7 Jan 2006, 02:26 pm »
Jim's making me a stand for the center, 27 inches high with speaker and angled 12 degrees upward- exact specifications for my home theater. I'll post pictures when everything is complete.

texas steve

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jan 2006, 02:26 pm »
Quote from: jermmd
Pictues of my new center channel to match my HT3's:

I'm REALY interested in the sound. Jim is working on similar black HT3s for me and I was considering a new center as well.  Right now I'm using a Mirage center - what were you using as a center?

[

brj

« Reply #22 on: 7 Jan 2006, 07:52 pm »
Wow, I do like that coloring.  I mentioned it before, but the gradient toward the edges really adds something.  Really nice detail on Jim's part.  Congrats on a sweet system, Joe!

jermmd

« Reply #23 on: 7 Jan 2006, 09:06 pm »
Quote from: texas steve
Quote from: jermmd
Pictues of my new center channel to match my HT3's:

I'm REALY interested in the sound. Jim is working on similar black HT3s for me and I was considering a new center as well.  Right now I'm using a Mirage center - what were you using as a center?

[

I am using a demo model Dulcet speaker that cost me something like $150. It's very good and probably one of the best bargains I've gotten in this hobby. It will become the rear center speaker when my HTC arrives.

BRJ,

I appreciate the nice comment and these speakers really are that good.

Jason Buccellato

« Reply #24 on: 26 Feb 2006, 06:07 pm »
Burled Walnut with a hand rubbed finish.

Papajin

Re: Members Gallery, Pictures of Salk speakers in members homes
« Reply #25 on: 24 Sep 2006, 11:52 pm »
Just a heads up that the gallery link in the first message appears to be defunct now.   :scratch:

TomQ

« Reply #26 on: 19 Apr 2008, 05:47 pm »
Picked up my salk HT3's and HT surround system last week. My wife stayed up with me to hook them up, ran new speaker wire and mounte the back surrounds, then played and played them.
Sound is amazing, a clarity of the highs and midrange that have to be heard to be appreciated.
Use for both 2 channel stereo and HT

Equipment:
Panasonic 65" plasmaPZ750U
Integra DTC 9.8
Halo Parasound A51
panasonic DMP -30,
Oppo DV-980 (SACD, DVD-A)
Dish DVR 622
Marantz CD 5001 (for 2 channel)
Blue jeans speaker wire
Monoprice HDMI

Halo has plenty of power to drive these HT3's, plan to add benchmark DAC for the 2 channel.
As you hopefully can see, I needed the back surrounds to mount flush high on the wall. Jim designed and built a modified HT1 with down facing port.

[/Users/Thomas/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2007/May 15, 2007/IMG_6981.JPG][/Users/Thomas/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2007/May 21, 2007/IMG_6982.JPG]

tran002

« Reply #27 on: 4 Jun 2008, 02:07 pm »
No Wife = Ferrari Red Song Tower

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #28 on: 4 Jun 2008, 04:35 pm »
Absolutely gorgeous ST tran.  I love the Ferrari red!!!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #29 on: 4 Jun 2008, 04:41 pm »
Can't see it.

mr_bill

« Reply #30 on: 4 Jun 2008, 04:47 pm »
The burled walnut hand rubbed speaks are beautiful!

fluke242

« Reply #31 on: 13 Jun 2008, 06:50 pm »
Long time reader 1st time poster...  I will post pictures once they arrive, but I recently placed an order with Jim for his HT2's.    :thumb:

Hopefully in the next month or so they should arrive.  I just finished hanging room treatments from ATS - wow, why did I wait so long?!  I feel much better knowing I have a better home for the HT2's!  I really enjoy music and have been saving up for over a year for new speakers.  I almost tapped out early for another manufacture but am thankful I made the financial stretch and waited it out.  I really think I am investing in art - even just based on the photos I have seen. 

I am super excited to be joining the family soon.  I am located in Eugene, OR.  Not sure if any other Salk owners are in Oregon?

Well, back to my new full time job - daydreaming about my HT2's....  :wink:

John

robinje

« Reply #32 on: 13 Jun 2008, 08:36 pm »
Congrats on your forthcoming HT2's!  I am also considering these along with SongTowers or QW's.  What, may I ask, was your reasoning for going for the HT2's over the QW's (since they are in the same price range)?  I am aware that the HT2s are a little more efficient, but the QW's extend a little deeper and have a "different" midrange presence due to the QW transmission cabinet effects.  If I were to purchase new speakers, it would likely come down to choosing between these two models.  I'm sure both of them are great!  Or maybe the ribbon SongTowers when/if they become available.  Hmmm...

fluke242

« Reply #33 on: 13 Jun 2008, 10:20 pm »
Hi robinje,

Thank you!   :D

I actually consulted with Jim on my selection.  At the time I was looking at the HT2, SongTowers, and V3.  I mentioned to Jim my room size and current configuration along with my goals - what I wanted to improve and what I didn't like so far in my system.  I am 70% music and 30% 2-channel movies.  Which is a big pet peeve of mine, what happened to the 2-channel track on movies?!  Seriously, what % of the population even has surround sound...  I will probably give-in and do just a center channel one day...

But I would recommend reaching out to Jim - he is awesome.  Tell him what you have, what you like about it and what you don't like.

I agree with your interest on the ribbon SongTowers - very curious too but thankfully too late!  That is one of the key reasons I went with the Veracity line, I wanted to go ribbon tweets.

Best of luck and enjoy the shopping process - I know I did.

fluke242

« Reply #34 on: 21 Aug 2008, 03:56 pm »
I posted a couple pictures on AVS in the Official Salk Forum.  But hopefully I can show a couple photos here too:

HT2
Pearl black with Australian lacewood stringers

« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2008, 03:46 pm by fluke242 »

JoshK

« Reply #35 on: 21 Aug 2008, 05:12 pm »
Those look bad@$$!

rydenfan

« Reply #36 on: 21 Aug 2008, 07:41 pm »
 AWESOME!  :drool:

funkmonkey

« Reply #37 on: 22 Aug 2008, 05:47 am »
 :thumb: :drool: :D
Very nice, Fluke.  Yours are one of my favorites, out of all of Jim's speakers that I have ever seen!
I hope my HT-3s look as nice, when the new woofers are all straightened out. (...soon, I hope )
-Funk

fluke242

« Reply #38 on: 22 Aug 2008, 03:57 pm »
Thank you all and thanks Funkmonkey!  What do you have planned for your HT3's - as far as overall look and wood selection? 

I have a new daydream (aside from a new preamp and dac).  I think it would be awesome to open a ID gallery/storefront.  Basically commission fine speakers and audio equipment from independent artists, like Jim, and present them in a fine gallery format.  It would not be designed to make money but more for supporting the artists and bringing like minds together.

Now that would be fun.  :)

funkmonkey

« Reply #39 on: 23 Aug 2008, 07:44 pm »
The veneer I searched out was called "survivor" Rosewood.  It came in much more orange than the pictures I based my decision on, not a bad thing, just a little different coloration.  Here is a pic that Jim sent me of the actual veneer:

I can't wait!!!