Maybe the best NuPRIME price/performance Power Amp, just got BETTER

John Casler

Some of you may remember me GUSHING over the NuPRIME MCH K-38 amplifier.

In fact I put it (in BRIDGED MODE) in the company of THE BEST AMPS I have ever heard.

Since I haven't heard the Evolution ONE as extensively yet, that still holds true.

Well things have just gotten BETTER, in that we have a SUPER SPECIAL on that amp now at participating dealers.

So if you might be in the Market for 200wpc x 8, or 400wpc x 4 get the lead out and contact me, or your local dealer for the SPECIAL Price.

Repeating NuPRIME customers also get special attention.

This amp was previously priced at $3000.  Right now the price is too low to post.

ENJOY!!!

John Casler

Thanks to all who have contacted us.

This is a REAL BARN BURNER.

NuPRIME Audiophile Quality at Emotiva pricing.

Genez

Thanks to all who have contacted us.

This is a REAL BARN BURNER.

NuPRIME Audiophile Quality at Emotiva pricing.

My problem may be also the same for others here.   "What is it?"  Looks like it may be a multi channel amplifier.  For home theater?

John Casler

My problem may be also the same for others here.   "What is it?"  Looks like it may be a multi channel amplifier.  For home theater?

The MCH K38 is an 8 Channel Amp at 200wpc x 8, or Bridged (which improves performance) to 4 channels at 400wpc x 4.

Even if you only use 2 channels, it is an EXCEPTIONAL value.

While it was obviously designed for HT and Multi-channel, its performance far outshines that function

I.Greyhound Fan

Some of you may remember me GUSHING over the NuPRIME MCH K-38 amplifier.

In fact I put it (in BRIDGED MODE) in the company of THE BEST AMPS I have ever heard.

Since I haven't heard the Evolution ONE as extensively yet, that still holds true.

Well things have just gotten BETTER, in that we have a SUPER SPECIAL on that amp now at participating dealers.

So if you might be in the Market for 200wpc x 8, or 400wpc x 4 get the lead out and contact me, or your local dealer for the SPECIAL Price.

Repeating NuPRIME customers also get special attention.

This amp was previously priced at $3000.  Right now the price is too low to post.

ENJOY!!!

I have not found anyone selling this for less that $2995, whats up?

John Casler

I have not found anyone selling this for less that $2995, whats up?

Only at participating dealers.

Present Retail is $2695, but this is WAY better.  Not sure of the duration of this event yet.

I'll PM you.

mmityok

Hi John,

Based in Vancouver Canada and new to the forum/thread but not new to Nuprime, bought the IDA-8 and have been thoroughly pleased with it.

I want to buy an HD-AVA, but after doing some research, it seems it might be difficult to get a well written operational guide to help with configuring and utilizing all its functionality.

As a Nuprime dealer, can you help me get my hands on whatever you are using to support your customers who bought the unit from you?

Much appreciated,
Mike

Chops

I'm not interested in this amp one bit (it's quite ugly IMHO), but did some research on this "deal"... I don't think $5 off of $3000 amp is anything to rave about.

No mention of this "great deal" price, no mention or link on where to buy, doing our own search online only shows one shop selling it for $2995, none of which is helping anything.

Phil A

Hi John,

Based in Vancouver Canada and new to the forum/thread but not new to Nuprime, bought the IDA-8 and have been thoroughly pleased with it.

I want to buy an HD-AVA, but after doing some research, it seems it might be difficult to get a well written operational guide to help with configuring and utilizing all its functionality.

As a Nuprime dealer, can you help me get my hands on whatever you are using to support your customers who bought the unit from you?

Much appreciated,
Mike

Welcome to the forum - does this help?  http://nuprimeaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/HD-AVA_HD-AVP-Manual.pdf

mmityok

Hi Phil,

Thanks, but I have already been pouring over the manual; as others have mentioned the HD AVA is a complex unit, and although the manual is a good start, it is not comprehensive enough for me to feel confident enough to buy the unit. I am trying to figure out whether the only way to use the internal DAC 10 module is via the USB DAC input, and whether I can use the internal IDA-16 amp for 2 channel sound via ANY source input...

John Casler

I'm not interested in this amp one bit (it's quite ugly IMHO), but did some research on this "deal"... I don't think $5 off of $3000 amp is anything to rave about.

No mention of this "great deal" price, no mention or link on where to buy, doing our own search online only shows one shop selling it for $2995, none of which is helping anything.

Hi Chops,

Sorry if I confused you.

The beginning Retail List of the MCH K-38 was $2995.

Current Retail List is $2695

The "DEAL" I posted about is FAR better than that, but only through individual participating dealers, not online.

If you become interested feel free to PM me, or if you have a NuPRIME Dealer contact them.

John Casler

Hi John,

Much appreciated,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes the HD series has been a challenge due to the initial platform, and design goals.

And you are correct that the manual is not as expansive as some.

But that is the extent of the documentation with the exception of a few posts and threads here on AC.

You might also find the additional info HERE in the FAQ section under HT.

I think the units, which are on "close out" should best be viewed as a 2 channel Pre or Integrated, rather than a SOTA Multichannel solution.

The ESS SABRE Dac chipset is directly accessed via the USB input.

While the other digital inputs may also go through the 2 channel DAC, the circuitry is different and runs through a more extensive process to add Bass Management, Equalization, and Multichannel Processing. 

So the PUREST Stereo Path is the USB.  It is not "quite" an IDA-16 but quite close when used this way, still making it a great unit under those circumstances.

John Casler

I have been informed that the SPECIAL Price is a CLOSE OUT and the MCH K-38 is being discontinued.

This would mean the quantities will be limited.

If you are interested contact me or your "local" dealer.  Not sure this will be reflected in the "online" retailers yet.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
I have been informed that the SPECIAL Price is a CLOSE OUT and the MCH K-38 is being discontinued.

This would mean the quantities will be limited.

If you are interested contact me or your "local" dealer.  Not sure this will be reflected in the "online" retailers yet.

Dammit, John. The temptation is killing me. I'm going to email you for the price. [I managed to avoid asking until today because I have too many amplifiers already.] You ought to be ashamed of yourself for tempting addicts enthusiasts such as myself.

Michael

John Casler

LAST CALL on the K-38

I have just been informed that there are only THREE (3) left.

Speak now or miss the CLOSEOUT

rustydoglim

NuPrime will focus only on products for music. 

John Casler

LAST CALL on the K-38

I have just been informed that there are only THREE (3) left.

Speak now or miss the CLOSEOUT

There are now ONLY TWO more left (the factory found another one)

Let me know if you have been lusting after this amp.

I picked up a 2nd one myself for my other DEMO system with EVOKE Rubies and the sound (even unbridged) is SUBLIME.

triumph

I the pre- version, so the HD-AVP, combined with the K-38.

It is a very powerful combination.

Yes, the manual is just skimming the surface and does not provide all the information.
Other problem is that the mains out are switched between the USB outs, and the multidac outs.

But I use both combination, with JRiver.  That allows me to switch zones and settings between 2-channel and HT.

As a USB DAC for 2-channel music, it is very nice, but has no volume control, so, you'll have to do that in software, or add a pre-amp.

It is also a very capable machine for HT duty. 
I use the HDMI out of the computer when watching movies.  It then becomes a 5.1 good little setup, with XO management and EQ on all channels.
It can actually become a 5.3, because it has a pair of mix outputs R and L, so one could add a pair of stereo subs to it, providing you also have passive XO in those boxes.

Complexity arises when dealing with the settings.  There's no information about the different formats available and how they affect the whole system.  It's mostly trials and errors, until you get it right.

It's a little quirky, but quite a powerful machine.
Unfortunately, it won't be part of the line up anymore, so I don't know about support in the future.

Hi Mike,

Yes the HD series has been a challenge due to the initial platform, and design goals.

And you are correct that the manual is not as expansive as some.

But that is the extent of the documentation with the exception of a few posts and threads here on AC.

You might also find the additional info HERE in the FAQ section under HT.

I think the units, which are on "close out" should best be viewed as a 2 channel Pre or Integrated, rather than a SOTA Multichannel solution.

The ESS SABRE Dac chipset is directly accessed via the USB input.

While the other digital inputs may also go through the 2 channel DAC, the circuitry is different and runs through a more extensive process to add Bass Management, Equalization, and Multichannel Processing. 

So the PUREST Stereo Path is the USB.  It is not "quite" an IDA-16 but quite close when used this way, still making it a great unit under those circumstances.

rustydoglim

HD-AVP at this clearance sale price is below production cost! 
We can't even recoup R&D expense, taught us a lesson not to develop a complicated product :)
If you don't need ATMOS and have the patient to work through the settings, there is no need for any upgrade since it doesn't have any App or fancy user interface.

triumph

HD-AVP at this clearance sale price is below production cost! 
We can't even recoup R&D expense, taught us a lesson not to develop a complicated product :)
If you don't need ATMOS and have the patient to work through the settings, there is no need for any upgrade since it doesn't have any App or fancy user interface.

I'm old school, so this unit suits me just fine!  :)
No need for a phone app here.

Plus, I like to tinker, and with the shallow manual, that's what I had to do.

As I mentioned, it's got a few quirks (plus,  mine has some inverted wiring inside... I'll have to open it one day).

But... I've been really pushing to have a time-aligned and coherent system.
Once accustomed to the unit, I've managed to do exactly that with the tools provided by the HD-AVP. 

The two units, HD-AVP and K38 will continue to showcase my speakers for a while longer.